Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,441 Posts
I think I was under the mistaken impression that you must replace the crankshaft pulley.

I understand very well that boost is affected by a larger crankshaft pulley or smaller snout pulley. It wasn’t clear to me if the pulleys were offset on them.

My kit came with what appeared to be an unused JRSC high boost crank shaft pulley which I understand many people fear since its not dampened.
I believe the offset was only on some motors, but i can't remember which - possibly later models? I don't think the A6 needed to run it though, i believe their offset is the same as my motor.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
4,414 Posts
The modified lower alternator bracket that came with the D16y7/y8 kits was simply a modified OEM lower bracket that was shaved to accommodate the offset of the 3-rib y7/y8 supercharger pulley. What you posted is not the modified OEM bracket.

The oil quantity for the 3rd generation Eaton M45 is 146ML. This info was provided to me via email by Thomas Stevens from Magnuson in October 2013.

Good write up though, I like that you are helping to spread this information.

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for that clarification!!
I spent a lot of time reading your posts.

So were you able to use the stock crank pulley and alternator mount for your CRX install?

The modified lower alternator bracket that came with the D16y7/y8 kits was simply a modified OEM lower bracket that was shaved to accommodate the offset of the 3-rib y7/y8 supercharger pulley. What you posted is not the modified OEM bracket.

The oil quantity for the 3rd generation Eaton M45 is 146ML. This info was provided to me via email by Thomas Stevens from Magnuson in October 2013.

Good write up though, I like that you are helping to spread this information.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
4,414 Posts
Thanks for that clarification!!
I spent a lot of time reading your posts.

So were you able to use the stock crank pulley and alternator mount for your CRX install?
On an A6 you can and should use the stock crank pulley or a Z6 crank pulley. You should also use the OEM lower alternator bracket. I assume you know about the pulley spacing differences between the A6/Z6 and the Y7/Y8?

I use a Z6 crank pulley and I had a custom lower alternator bracket made that lowered the alternator down a bit. The custom W2A intercooler manifold that I use sits pretty darn close to the Denso A6 alternator so I had a customer bracket made. I could have used the stock lower alternator bracket but the alternator terminal would have been butted up against the bottom of the manifold and only insulated by the rubber cap.

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you so much for that clarification--this is fantastic information. I'm still rebuilding my supercharger, got busy at work so had to stop for a bit. Also I'm laser cutting some custom gaskets here at my shop. I've seen references to the pulley differences but since I only own an A6, I've never seen it in person to know.

On an A6 you can and should use the stock crank pulley or a Z6 crank pulley. You should also use the OEM lower alternator bracket. I assume you know about the pulley spacing differences between the A6/Z6 and the Y7/Y8?

I use a Z6 crank pulley and I had a custom lower alternator bracket made that lowered the alternator down a bit. The custom W2A intercooler manifold that I use sits pretty darn close to the Denso A6 alternator so I had a customer bracket made. I could have used the stock lower alternator bracket but the alternator terminal would have been butted up against the bottom of the manifold and only insulated by the rubber cap.

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I needed new bolts to hold the bypass valve actuator. I went to Ace Hardware and this was the shortest length they had, longer than the original one but not too long for the application.
My bottom bolt came out ok but the top one was rounded. So I had to drill it out.

The new M8- 1.25 x 16 were larger than the originals but still fit fine.

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I decided to cut my own gaskets using this gasket material and my Nasum Pro A5 Laser Cutter. I sketched it in Fusion 360 and exported the DXF into LightBurn.

The old gasket was torn and worn out

The new gasket cut on the laser

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks!! I just searched it up and my Join Request is still pending. It has to have been requested for several months now.
As some one who just bought a Sebring JRSC for my JDM D15B Del Sol, this thread is immensely useful.
If you ever need more info there's a great group on Facebook "Honda JRSC (Jackson Racing Superchargers) discussion forum & classifieds"

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Because tuning is the best way around making the JRSC work instead of using the original JR FMU hacks, I made a custom gauge holder for my AFR so it’s visible to me but not visible with the engine off. I’m also using an LED Boost gauge that’s flat and square and will also be hidden to the left of the steering wheel where the coin holder pocket is.

·
Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
it pivots/tilts and allows access to the screw hole above

Plenty of clearance and wires easily tucked above shelf

Printing on Sovol3d Printer with PLA

Because tuning is the best way around making the JRSC work instead of using the original JR FMU hacks, I made a custom gauge holder for my AFR so it’s visible to me but not visible with the engine off. I’m also using an LED Boost gauge that’s flat and square and will also be hidden to the left of the steering wheel where the coin holder pocket is.
View attachment 138976

Attachments

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,441 Posts
Well let’s see! Lol.
I originally 3D printed something to replace the drivers side AC vent, and then ended up silicone casting it in resin:

I also did one for a hatch/CRX/Wagon (they're interchangeable) for when i was going to swap my sedan dash for a CRX one, but i never actually got around to swapping the dash lol:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts