so this is the setup.

It is all ''nestled" under the hood of my rusty 92 civic sht box

d16y7
vitara pistons ..yeah that's right.
tt rods
stock cam
arp head studs
550 injectors
homemade crap horn manifold made by my blind friend.
td06 turbo snagged from my uncles diesel ford.
open dp
chineese stage 3clutch
Jdm front mount 27x7x2.5 intercooler haha ?why didn't china put cdm on when they made it?
some ratty ass salvaged/pillaged intercooler piping

running Ostrich
home made 3 bar map sensor
Crome pro ...cough ripoff
innovate wide band

Back when it was first put together running stock clutch holset hx35 at 9 psi
and slicks it went 13.80 1/4 mile 103 mph...

there is probably more but it's crappy so merp!

Attachments

·
Registered
Civic hatchback
0 Posts
Put yourself in for dyno tuning session and see what it makes unless you have already hit us with the numbers if so

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
watcha got in that aeroquip line going to that greasy metal tb elbow thing? nitrous?

btw

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
Holy rust batman!

Reactions: Cali Noob

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Welcome to dseries...how to not be a noob, huh? I'll let you know when I figure that one out lol....in the meantime, read up on the rules, we follow them here, if you start a thread in tech, make sure it is meaningful and you are asking questions you genuinely cannot find answers to, don't ask to be spoonfed all the time, and you will fit in fine around here

Reactions: eddcartes

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Welcome to dseries...how to not be a noob, huh? I'll let you know when I figure that one out lol....in the meantime, read up on the rules, we follow them here, if you start a thread in tech, make sure it is meaningful and you are asking questions you genuinely cannot find answers to, don't ask to be spoonfed all the time, and you will fit in fine around here
qft.

·
Registered
Civic hatchback
0 Posts
I would wager to say he is using stock motor mounts by looking at the pictures. His tranny mount is stock I can see and the side motor mount driver side is stock too the back I can't see but I'm willing to bet is stock. Mine is an ek his being an eg in that picture unless his sits back farther than mine I don't see His torque mount on the drivers side. Does it sit back farther or did you just remove it? Motors mounts will greatly increase your zero to 60 foot times and limit wheel hop you'd do better at the track since you showed track times and not wheel horse power figures. I'm far from a noob I just joined to bitch about Bisimoto camshaft and make waves in the communities. But I'm here now and will share what I know.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
IM/y8 head (mini that bitch). High compression, low boost. cruise control....if anythin just replace whats broken, only working on your car and getting results makes u a non noob. But there will always be bigger and better builds. rite now u got a boosted vtec killer. fix it.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Sick build im lovin it. +1 Find a y8 head for cheap and throw it on

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey

Yeah it has stock mounts ,and they are getting BAD!

the aeroquip line going to that greasy metal tb elbow thing.

thats my make shift water/meth injection ..not 100% yet.

Oh and dyno time will never happen

Why vtec ? is y7 no good even if I put in a cam? the head already has a port "job"

Any way yeah its rusty ,I shtly welded on rear quarter patch panel withraw finnish
no grinding or bondo just birt sht welds.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
hey

Yeah it has stock mounts ,and they are getting BAD!

the aeroquip line going to that greasy metal tb elbow thing.

thats my make shift water/meth injection ..not 100% yet.

Oh and dyno time will never happen

Why vtec ? is y7 no good even if I put in a cam? the head already has a port "job"

Any way yeah its rusty ,I shtly welded on rear quarter patch panel withraw finnish
no grinding or bondo just birt sht welds.
i just think the y8 head flows better, but if u got the y7 head ported to spec then do u. I think the y8 head can handle the issue better, plus y7's get bad oil leaks. Something in the casing. im a fan of minis, and if u put the timing right u can crack vtec+ turbo and mash. all in all ur car is already right, fix it as is. and when ur done with it? get a F-22.

like dude above said, fix as is just to piss em off. love fully built vtec killers, they rumble. But you see my specs, my build dusts em off too.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Second thought fuck vtec keep the y7. When I get the balls to start messing with crome on my own it would be nice to start out tuning one map instead of worrying about two.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts