Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Potato salad!
93 Civic HB DX
495 Posts
The fitting in the first pic is for coolant if my memory serves. I'd check, but my car is 330 miles from where I am at the moment. I'll double check my motor when I get home tomorrow for the rest.

When I did my install, I agree, the pictures were lacking but we'll get you on the right track.

· Registered
713 Posts
Your first brass fitting is a coolant line.

On your TB, there are to coolant lines one comes from the intake manifold, (that brass fitting that you circled in the first picture), then from the other port get another coolant line to "main" coolant line on the back of the black above the oil filter. This sensor is the y7 IACV. Intake air control valve.

Third pic: this is the z6/y8 IACV. It acts the same way as your y7 IACV, except for the fact that it runs off of two wires. If your running a p28 computer use this valve. If you running a p2e ecu, then keep on using teh y7 IACV. Also, on both valves you can just run a small piece of hose to each nipple from one to the other so you wont have to run anymore coolant lines, but make sure to cap off the coolant nipples that were there stock.

*another thing, there are 2 vacuum hoses that come out from underneath where the engine wiring harness goes around (the are on a metal tube). where do these 2 hoses go to?

Take a picture. Then I should be able to tell you.

**where do I T off to get the vacuum source for my boost gauge?

Any place where you feel like t'ing. If your running a small size I.D. line, then run it off of the fpr. If your running mid sized I.D. line, then go off the little black sensor attached to the fuel rail. Make sure the lines are secure and won't leak.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've been so set on getting the fitting issues worked out, that I totally forgot to take into mind the engine torque & movement...

here is the space I was able to create between the pulley and the strut tower while hammering the other day. its not much, so my next question is:

-can I install the ES motor mounts and/or a torque damper? will it help keep the engine moving on that little space I got? or am I better off getting the mounts, taking the SC off again and still hammering out alittle more space?

edit: from what I seen on the torque dampers for civics, they go right where the brake booster and supercharger route thru, so I guess a torque damper is a NO-GO?

-the area where the pulley is right next to (strut tower), is reinforced and a BIG pain-in-the-ass to bash in with a hammer. my neighbor and I went at it for a good 2hrs, and the metal barely dents since it seems to have a another layer of metal behind it...the space I was able to hammer in measures about 7/32 to an 1/8 of an inch.

here is the space:

~top shot, u cant really see the space

~alittle better pic at an angle

any recommendations?

thanks
T

· Registered
98 Lx sedan
307 Posts
yeah, I called jim at motorvations in Birmingham,AL and he just ordered the last big boost kit for the sohc engines recently they had found. I put a Y8 crank pulley on and now I'm getin bought 6.5 psi. Ordered gaskets caz I think I have a leak. I'm lookin for a 3.4" 88-91 4-rib nose pulley to have it milled to fit.

To answer your Qz
The intake manifold nipple near valve cover (first pic) goes to the front nipple on the Throttle body, (second pic) the back nipple of the TB goes the IAC onthe back of the Intake manifold (third pic), then the second IAC nipple goes to the water pipe under the intake manifold inbetween the lower radiator hose neck and the water pump.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
mwsol96 said:
Your first brass fitting is a coolant line.

On your TB, there are to coolant lines one comes from the intake manifold, (that brass fitting that you circled in the first picture), then from the other port get another coolant line to "main" coolant line on the back of the black above the oil filter. This sensor is the y7 IACV. Intake air control valve.

Third pic: this is the z6/y8 IACV. It acts the same way as your y7 IACV, except for the fact that it runs off of two wires. If your running a p28 computer use this valve. If you running a p2e ecu, then keep on using teh y7 IACV. Also, on both valves you can just run a small piece of hose to each nipple from one to the other so you wont have to run anymore coolant lines, but make sure to cap off the coolant nipples that were there stock.

*another thing, there are 2 vacuum hoses that come out from underneath where the engine wiring harness goes around (1 on a metal tube and 1 on a box). where do these 2 hoses go to?

Take a picture. Then I should be able to tell you.
**where do I T off to get the vacuum source for my boost gauge?

Any place where you feel like t'ing. If your running a small size I.D. line, then run it off of the fpr. If your running mid sized I.D. line, then go off the little black sensor attached to the fuel rail. Make sure the lines are secure and won't leak.

~here's a pic of what I meant...and YES, SC is off for now...

thanks again for everyones input:)

· Registered
1,409 Posts
cvic90 said:
yeah, I called jim at motorvations in Birmingham,AL and he just ordered the last big boost kit for the sohc engines recently they had found. I put a Y8 crank pulley on and now I'm getin bought 6.5 psi.
I would also say you have a leak. I am also running this pulley and unless running clear to redline its a constant 9psi.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So Im back to working on the car, since I have a day off...

just noticed that where Im hammering is RIGHT BEHIND the shock CONTROL ARM...

have any of you ran into this issue? (im pretty sure, since the SC lines up the same way in all our cars) Im scared that if I keep on hammering, I will throw my cars alignment off, or even F'up my car to where something might break off while Im driving!

Im gonna have to sit and grind my ass off, with a dremel for now...

thanks for the input guys...

-Tek

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.