Honda D Series Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thanks I’ve seen it a few times but haven’t been able to find out what it does. Here is another variation of it.
Looks like a diaphragm pressure switch, probably spring loaded, designed to do something with manifold pressure. Its got an electrical spade connector on it, so its likely a pressure switch of some kind.

What it controls? Not sure.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle tire Rim Gas

· Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I asked this question on a JRSC Facebook group and got this reply.
Product Motor vehicle Font Automotive lighting Screenshot

Looks like a diaphragm pressure switch, probably spring loaded, designed to do something with manifold pressure. Its got an electrical spade connector on it, so its likely a pressure switch of some kind.

What it controls? Not sure.
Thanks I’ve seen it a few times but haven’t been able to find out what it does. Here is another variation of it.

View attachment 143871

· Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Today was the day to begin my JRSC install. I received my registration renewal yesterday
since I passed smog. I unplugged my battery, drained the coolant, pulled the ECU fuse, and began unplugging all the hoses and removing the intake manifold. The last time I did all the work, the car was on my lift, but now its on the ground with a crowded shop, so removing the IM bracket/brace is a lot more difficult. However a metal splinter in my finger stopped all work for the day. Tomorrow, I will get the bracket off, and the IM will come loose as I have removed all the nuts already. Can't wait to finally get going on the next phase.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Premium Member
1991 CRX Si
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Finally got the intake manifold out today. The support bracket was difficult to remove from the top but I eventually got it off.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part Automotive super charger part Gas

I dropped the JRSC into place to see how it fit. Fortunately the snout pulley had plenty of clearance but the alternator pulley and the tensioner pulleys absolutely needed clearancing. Having read the usual way to do this is with a large hammer and a torch, I planned for a different process with a small air hammer and an induction heater to focus the heat on just the area I needed without an open flame. Combining the two it only took about 10 minutes of shaping before it fit.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood

Checking clearance of tensioner pulley before shaping, not much room at all.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Rim

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

I tried air hammering first and it worked very slowly so I decided to use my induction heater and within a few minutes I was hammering and shaping it instantly.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Gas

Air hammer works with just 90psi.

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Gas Machine

I believe this is enough clearance for the pulley to slip a belt here. Alternator also clears fine.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts