Honda D Series Forum banner

261 - 280 of 687 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
That vids sound great !!! They really make me miss my car.

I´m using two springs on my tial wg, one of 10 and one of 7 psi.

If you are using a 10 psi spring, it is not recommendable to double this rate.

Whit my 17 psi combo springs , my car has been handling pretty good the boost.

Great job.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #262 (Edited)
thanks man, yeah i heard abut doubling up springs.. i acually have a 6psi spring here, but it wont fit inside the 10psi spring i have.... so i cut a piece off the 6psi spring i had, and sat it ontop of the 10psi spring to see if it was the spring in the wastegate not holding the pressure to redline, and sure enough that was my problem... holds 22-24psi easily now to redline... i think im going to get a 10sec pass thi coming suday as it sits now.... i cant wait.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #263 (Edited)
this dyno reads soo low... we were taking it to 8400rpms..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PN0gIwVSao&feature=channel

lol towards the end, matt go check that damn wastegate... it was opening and closing and wasnt staying shut. you can sorta hear it. damn spring isnt holding boost to redline... but its all fixed now :)

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Damn, that numbers seems too low, I had the same problem on my last dyno tune, but the owner of the dyno told me that his dyno reads about 10 to 15% lower than others dynos.

Anyway, et and trap speed will let us know the true next sunday.

Good luck

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
sweet shit man, wish i could come watch

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
track footage is coming this sunday... damn it i cant wait....

going to do a 3rd gear john force burnout in the water box this time, and im going to launch the shit outa it. hoping for 130traps at least...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
^ haha you dont wanna know... full boost around like 6000ish... but thats because on the dyno starting at around 3k in 3rd gear and not having the 2 other gears spooling it or anitlag's help

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY (in my mental "big race" announcer voice)

Good luck :bigok:
thanks. i havnt ran the car in 3weeks... its starting to see more dyno time then track time and its frustrating...

and i have a half tank of 112oct just sitting in the car :-(

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
^ haha you dont wanna know... full boost around like 6000ish... but thats because on the dyno starting at around 3k in 3rd gear and not having the 2 other gears spooling it or anitlag's help
Lol thats what I was thinking but shit once it comes on damn that thing hits hard should be great for the track all that top end baby

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
yeah, it pulls hard up top.... just makes me think about if i should take the car up higher or not... shifting at 8400, it still feels strong up there, and wondering if i should take it to about 9k.... ill see how laggy in between gears it is at the track...

maybe ill just throw a 30 shot on it or something to help it spool inbetween shifts hahaha

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
yeah, it pulls hard up top.... just makes me think about if i should take the car up higher or not... shifting at 8400, it still feels strong up there, and wondering if i should take it to about 9k.... ill see how laggy in between gears it is at the track...

maybe ill just throw a 30 shot on it or something to help it spool inbetween shifts hahaha
Either one of those options would do the trick

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
its suppose to rain all weekend, and if it does im going to cry

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
thanks bro.. its slowly getting there.. now its just going to the track now and making that 10second pass, if this damn rain will stop

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
gayness, glad our test and tune is friday night. lookin good for me to get out and tear it up lolz

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
^shut up lol... well if my buddy rides with me this wed, im taking the car up to cecil which is 2 hours away, for a little test and tune action.

261 - 280 of 687 Posts