the hot pipe

See less See more
#2 ·

almost there

stealth BOV lol

tight ass DP, stil trying to reroute the WG back in but crazy tight bend needed

oh noes its teh stock civic

:bsflag:

ok well wired in the lc1 and calibrated the heater and free air caled it, led is on and stays on constant

hooked up the brown wideband wire to the white o2 wire by the ECU, pluged it all into crome pro and it is logging but there is an issue

the car is running SUPER lean 19:1 or more on the low end, no matter how much fuel i dump in nothing effects it at all. i remember having to change the volts or something from 0-5v to 0-3.8 in crome since the stock ecu cant read over 3.8 or something

is this true? if so anyone have the settings for the LC1 for crome pro 1.18? or any crome pro

also have a small oil leak from the top of the oil restrictor, and it had to be the bolt in the back Angry hard as hell to get an allen wrench in their waiting for the mani to cool off some.

#3 ·
it really does seem to be running that rich, car idles better and finaly started to respond once i changed settings some and it warmed up fully

however i do have an oil leak even after taking it all apart and tightening it all :(

fucking function7 restrictor pissed oil like all hell even though its AN fitting :( gonna throw some teflon on it and pray for the best...turbo comming off AGAIN

also crome pro shows the AF readings but it isnt recording them in the rows/columns WTF??

any help is much apreciated

#4 ·
hmmm is it possible the o2 is messed up in the lc-1 once its heated

#5 ·
highly doubt it but the sensor is new should be all set, fallowed manual that it came with to the letter

#6 ·
crome is working now, but its only recording up to 18:1 since the lc1 is still on 0-5v and crome can only read up to 3.8 or so. its logging fine up top and in the mid range, but it wont log anything in the idle areas at all. any ideas why?

have a few small things to tie up, small fuel leak by the 440's gonna get new o-rings and need to make a vac manifold ASAP, also need to hook up the gauges tomorrow.

its coming along good so far just working the kinks out as always.

#7 ·
thanks for the comments guys :D

#8 ·
ok well started tuning it today and make good progress in the low rpm/high vac area but the spring was the large blue one in the wastegate. that had boost at 15psi!!! no wonder i was nailing boost cut and the clutch was slipping like all hell.

so i cut 1 full turn from the spring and weded the top back on so it still sits lever in the WG.

going out now to test if it has lowered it to anything 10 or lower

also made a SICK air intake from the stock box for the turbo pics coming up

#9 ·
If you didn't correct the voltage then it will through off the AF readings. The LC-1 has scalable outputs though so it should be easy to fix. But IIRC a solid LED from the LC1 means there is a problem with the unit???

#10 ·
you didnt understand what i was saying if you think i still need to scale the lc1

and solid led means good to go

#11 · (Edited)
good to see another 4door project.Looks nice ,just do somthing with tha valve cover please lol,and you already got boost so im jelous. Keep it up and get'er in the 13's! lol

#12 ·
yeah i plan on cleaning the car up once its boosted. the tune is going ok, have a rough section around 2000rpm in high vac but other then that its comming along ok.

the clutch is burning like a mofo lol one cut in the WG spring only dropped it to around 10, its still hitting the boost cut at 11 but i see some carbon build up on the wastegate so at least its starting to open lol. might take anothe 1/2 a spring circumfrence out

wont be any updates work all day tomorrow :( 5-10pm ugh

today is a wing though hit 12psi on a base map 1.25 retard and 200% efficiency and didnt blow up. win in my book lol

#13 ·
got some more done today, made a new new intake out of the stock box, turned out great IMO and IAT's are 40-50 lower too

well here are some pics

if anyone has a stock kn drop in they want to trade for a kn cone filter w/ 3" opening would be great :D

the "mufflers", just gonna run one into the other right out of the downpipe should sound mean as hell 2.5" glasspacks 30" length

twisted for pleasure

gonna register, and inspect it after memorial day and finish u the tune

so far i like the power, but the turbo is laggy as all fuck lol. its not too fun on the stock motor but once the vitara build is done it will be great

right now boost is coming in right at around 4500ish and hits hard as hell once it get over 5000 and vtec engages.

its also idling very lean, 18+:1, when fired up cold, gotta play with parameters in crome a little more to get this taken care of

right now its only tuned on low cam, gonna work on the high cam tomorrow afternoon once im out of work.

#15 ·
thanks mang!!! boost is fun as hell cant wait to have the built motor :D

#16 ·
allright now make a vid of that thing, i wanna hear what it sounds like.Was thinking about doing it with one GP but still using my muffler. lol and nice work on the intake box is there no room to mount the box in the innerfender(where the stock air silencer go'es)or is the innercooler to TB charge pipe in the way?

#18 ·
yeah getting it registered tueday so no vids until then sorry :(, the GP's were cheap too autozone for $58 total shipped to local store for free :D

and the cold side of the pipes goes throguh that area otherwise i would have mounted it stock location

crazymx6, hope it is because of the tune. its pretty bad right now lol

#19 ·
the dual cherry bombs sound really good IMO its loud but doesnt hurt your ears. has a decent deep tone.

also discovered some leaks in the DP after beting on the car for a bit, gonna remove it and reweld it tomorrow

#20 ·
well got the tune decent at WOT, but something cant be right, injector duty is around 75-80 at 7000 and 10-11 psi (w/e the map cut is :D :D :D )

#22 ·
hmmm yeah might be it, rc440 with stock pump, but i do have a walbro 255 waiting to go in

#25 ·
ok well i got the tune to take decent shape but still neds work.

i would also like to send a big FUCK YOU to function7 for making a POS oil restrictor. summit was cool and overnighted me a new earls 90* fitting to rule it out. its not the earls fitting its the function7 restrictor and their stance on it is "sorry". im just gonna JB weld the shit together so it doesnt leak oil like a mother fucker

i was starting to get worried since the oil pressure was getting down to 20psi at idle so i knew oil was low.

other then that i got the exhaust buttoned up and need to get a dump tube my headlight is COVERED in exhaust soot lol

:D

#26 ·
stealth twin loop muffler, sounds AWESOME with the two glass packs quieting it down some

#28 ·
coming tomorrow, still piss loud when the WG opens lol, i really want to get it back into the exhasut, anyone have any pics of someone who has made a dump pipe with this setup?

and its sound MEAN as fuck once you open it up and so mellow and rumbly when cruising/idle ZERO rasp but still pops when antilag/shifting no cat FTW :clit:

#30 ·
truth, i would leave it open as long as i can get it to go under the freaking car lol. no room left with the DP, hot pipe and AC PS and condeser fan being there

#31 ·
#32 ·
lol. . . well thanks for the tip but how would i route it from here

to the fender

#33 ·
Do you really need power steering in a 2400 lb civic? LOL

Yeah, looking at it that way, IDK. Maybe relocate the resivoirs?

#34 ·
in my old 00 ex i riped EVERYTHING else this on i want to keep baller status and FULLY loaded since it even has ABS and rear disk from the factory

IMO would be a shame to gut this thing since its a kinda rare form of civic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.