Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Daily driver
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just ordered the following parts for 97 Civic EX Coupe. I've already done the I/H/E. Did that years ago. Now it's time to take it to the next step. Here is what I ordered:

BXIM-20200 Blox Racing BLOX Intake Manifold
305-05-0120 Skunk2 Skunk2 Tuner-Series Camshafts
BXPT-20251 Blox Racing BLOX Valve Spring Kit
BXPT-10401 Blox Racing BLOX Titanium Retainer Kit
304-05-0170 Skunk2 Skunk2 Tuner-Series Adjustable Cam Gears
BXAC-00402-SI Blox Racing BLOX Cam Seal

My goal is to make a fun DD with a little bling and some go. I am also setting up for a future turbo upgrade. Final engine product will eventually go into a CRX or HB if I can scam one without a motor for a couple hundred. I am also building a B18C1 that will eventually end up into this coupe. I know it isn't Crower, Akmee, or Bisi but for a total combined $683 for everything shipped to the door I couldn't pass it up.

I went with the BLOX products simply for the price. From all the research they are not that much different from their Skunk2 counterparts. I went with the Skunk2 Cam because a friend of mine uses this exact same setup he hangs with Si's and doesn't have issues with emissions with prolonged use of the stock ECU. To round it off I was given a TB off of a Teg GSR and purchased a Hondata IM Heatsheild Spacer from EBay.

I am doing it in stages right now. Go then Show then Go Fast. Engine first then rims, paint and entertainment then turbo and finally for my "get the fuck out of the Army" Party I will hopefully have a chassis and a weekend dedicated to a transplant and swap. Not really in a hurry because I don't get out until Mar 2011. It will be cool to have a tandem again. (my first was a 89 CRX HF with a B16A and a 95 HB with a B18C both built, swapped, boosted and juiced to the grand total of $10,000 and 550whp combined. (Telecom and IT was boomin' back then.)

As soon as I get these products and start to install them I will post pictures and updates.

Feel free to sound off!! Tell me what you think.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
PIX!!!! show me pix! sounds like it'll be a nice lil build.

·
Registered
Daily driver
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I went show at the beginning...just cause the people i was around..
then went for speed..

IMO, stay speed..
no need to buy any d-series shyznit if you plan on swappin to a B-dog
I am building the D because I am planning on dropping it in a CRX or HB. All I have with the B is the engine. No ECU or Harness. No Tranny it is more of a long term project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts