Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone ever looked at the ZEX test car on their website? They are claiming mid-13's. Does this sound right?

What I was thinking of doing was using the D16Z6 with PM7 pistons to get a little more than 12:1 CR. Then I was going to run anywhere from a 50 to a 75 wet shot. I am making my own kit, and I will more than likely be retarding a minimum of 2 degrees of timing on 93 oct gas. I figure that I will have several more bolt-ons such as the lightweight flywheel that ZEX's test car has, along with a decent header and high flow muffler. I want to run their cam and springs also. My goal is to run low 13's.

What do ya'll think? I am sort of new to the d-series side of the honda world of performance.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
What do you wanna know about the ZEX test car?

My times were faster, and yes ZEXtech was helping me. Joey Copeland and Matt Patrick were big help.

Stock Z6 with fuel upgrades, 13.09 @ 103 mph, FOUR YEARS ago.

You don't want the light flywheel, one reason why I was faster :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Transzex, according to your signature, you are using the D15B7 engine. And you mentioned in your previous post that 4 years ago you had a Z6. Why did you go with the D15B7?

Another thing, you must have had one hell of a light car to run 13.09 with a stock Z6 on the bottle. How is it that the ZEX test car could only run mid 13's? I suppose that you had a bigger shot of nitrous than they did.

Whatever you did with you car to be able to run 13.09, I would like to know about. By the way, was that an EG?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
see the PM, also forgot to mention the rear bumper cover was worth .25 seconds, like a parachute.

yes, I can drive..........

look at the 330/660/1000/1320 ft et's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts