Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i needed to get a cam gear along with my stage 2 cam?? i already have the springs, and i wanted to make sure i had all the right parts.
i was also wondering if i will be able to feel a big improvement in power with this cam?
my car:
92 cx
d16z6
full 2. in exhaust
dc header
aem v2

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
you should feel a difference. you do not "need" a cam gear. it would be a good idea to add one when you change out the cam. that way you can tune later. it will save you time and money in the long.

S

·
0 Posts
i would get one. I would also get a bigger exhaust system to let it breath more. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
-2 is a good starting point...then if you at the track or if you go to a dyno then you can see if anything else helps.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i have just ordered that cam with crowerspring and retainers !.. and i have aAEM camgear layin around wating !.. when i get the parts 14 days or so ill let you know where on the camgear the best setting is ! for a fair stock motor with IEH...

hope the cam pulls good !! cant wait 2 get it and go on the dyno for the 4th time in the last 2 months !! ;) ... other 3 times was just for fun ! this time it is gonna be uberdata and zex way !.. damn cant wait !

Q

·
0 Posts
pandaew said:
from you guys experience, what is the good cam timing setting for 59300 camshaft?? Or very depends on the mods??
Go to a dyno. No two motors are the same. Even if they are same type of motors with the same parts. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts