Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I hear alot about ZEX cams on this site. My question is regarding zex 59100 street cam, is it worth getting that cam? is it better then the stock one????
Also do I need cam gear to adjust my timing??? Basicly at what rpm would i feel it and whats the avg hp gain?

thanx :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
usually an aftermarket cam will be better than the stock cam. i say skip the stage one and straight to the stage2. get camgear and get the valvetrain with it too. you won't regret it.

with the cam a little advanced i had power from 1k all the way (butt-dyno). the mid-range on this camshaft is awesome. with just bolt-ons you'll really "feel" this cam push your little engine to the next level. this cam is worth its price imo.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the zex stage2 on my y7y8.. definetly a nice cam :-D

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just make shure you dont get a too radical of cam. Just because its bigger doesnt mean it will be better for your engine set up. If you run a bigger cam you will need higher compression to take advantage of the top end and not suffer as much low end torque.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stevey7y8 said:
i have the zex stage2 on my y7y8.. definetly a nice cam :-D
Do you mean you have a Y8 head? What was your C/R? How was the idle/midrange/topend? Do you have emissions in your area?

I'm looking for a decent HP improvement over the stock D16Y8 cam - I'm running a D16A6 block with Ross pistons (11.1:1), .050", a stock Y8 head, Y8 IM, V-AFC II, and B-series T-body. N/A of course, no power adders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts