Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I will probably buy a zcspeed adapter plate for my OBD0 ZC. What intake manifold will fit to my engine with this adapter plate ? What are your advices ? what is the best power gain by price ratio ?
Thank you

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Best OEM, possibly, but if one wants to mount a SOHC supercharger or get more power with the same amount of boost and switch to, say, an Edelbrock manifold, it is entirely worth it, and that is exactly why I have my ZCSpeed adapter plate.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
The DOHC ZC IM is far from the best IM. I don't particualarly care for any OEM IM.

The ZCSpeed plate worked great on a customers A1 using a Performer-X. It only needed to be modified to clear the block as the head was milled.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
The obd1 dohc zc im is more like a z6.
Not even close, put them side by side. The DOHC ZC head has 2mm larger ports, and the intake manifold is larger as a result. The plenum is way larger, and I'm fairly sure the runners are slightly shorter.

·
Registered
431 Posts
just run the obd-1 dohc zc IM with a nice TB and you will have plenty of flow in upwards of 400whp

·
Registered
431 Posts
I like this one

·
Registered
344 Posts
i bought the obd1 dohc zc intake manifold, and it works great on my turbo 89 integra
d16a1 .. plus it now allows me to use newer and larger honda/acura throttle bodies, as well as remove my MAP sensor from the firewall. i ended up bolting a b18 throttle body up to it

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
i bought the obd1 dohc zc intake manifold, and it works great on my turbo 89 integra
d16a1 .. plus it now allows me to use newer and larger honda/acura throttle bodies, as well as remove my MAP sensor from the firewall. i ended up bolting a b18 throttle body up to it
7 months old man...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.