Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been double checking what parts I need because i'm going to be actually buying a swap today or tomorrow so please be as explicit as possible. I'm going to buy a Twin-Cam, 3rd gen black-top ZC from hmotorsonline. I'm going to get the ZC trans with intermediate shaft. I've been told that I can use 90-93 axles and hubs, however, i found this.

http://www.hondahookup.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-100455.html

The link suggests that you have to use 90-91 axles, not 90-93 axles. Also, they suggest DX/SI hubs and NOT 90-93 integra hubs. I know this may be a bit redundant, but can someone humor me with EXACTLY what i need to ask for to swap a ZC with ZC trans into a CRX HF.

Here's what I get...
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30022

·
Registered
968 Posts
to use the DOHC ZC transmission in the CRX HF, you will need the ZC intermediate shaft (make sure that when you purchase the transmission from Hmotors, you also get the intermediate shaft) and 90-93 Integra axles (one left and one right) - you will need to swap out the knuckles/hubs for ones from 88-91 CRX/Civic DX or Si

Integra axles - right side (passenger) are all the same from 90-00 and left side (drivers) are all the same from 90-93 - when you install the axles, you need to remove the dust rings from the inside of the hub and the rubber (vinyl?) seals from the outer CV joints to keep them from binding in the hubs - you can use either ABS or non-ABS axles - the ABS axles cost about $10 each more than non-ABS, so why pay more for something you don't need

if you want the larger brakes, if at all possible find knuckles/hubs and brakes from 90-91 Civic EX sedan since they are made for the ED/EF chassis - you can use the 90-93 Integra knuckles/hubs and brakes (they will bolt on), however, the geometry of the Integra front suspension is not the same as the ED/EF

having done close to 40 DOHC ZC swaps with maybe a dozen of them with the ZC transmission, i can assure you that this is what works

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you explain what a knuckle/hub is? Is it the same thing as a hub assembly? Also, does a hub assembly include the brakes and junk or can i reuse the HF brakes on the integra hub? It is extremely likel ill be using 90-93 hubs.

So far, thanks for your help. All the misinformation around the internet is frustrating.

·
Registered
968 Posts
this is the knuckle/hub assembly - the hub is pressed into the knuckle - you can just swap hubs without swapping the knuckle if you have access to a press - you still need to remove the entire assembly - if your are getting used from junkyard, it is easier just to swap the whole thing - the reason you need the different hubs is that the Integra axle outer CV joint has a larger diameter splined end (that fits into the hub) than the HF - HF brakes will not fit the 90-93 Integra knuckles - you cannot use 13" wheels with the Integra brakes - personally, i would just use knuckles/hubs and brakes from the CRX DX or Si or from the Civic DX, LX, or Si

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is the knuckle/hub assembly - the hub is pressed into the knuckle - you can just swap hubs without swapping the knuckle if you have access to a press - you still need to remove the entire assembly - if your are getting used from junkyard, it is easier just to swap the whole thing - the reason you need the different hubs is that the Integra axle outer CV joint has a larger diameter splined end (that fits into the hub) than the HF - HF brakes will not fit the 90-93 Integra knuckles - you cannot use 13" wheels with the Integra brakes - personally, i would just use knuckles/hubs and brakes from the CRX DX or Si or from the Civic DX, LX, or Si

Thanks, i think ill go with DX/SI knuckles, 90-93 DA axles, and ZC longblock/trans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have 91 crx hf with a dohc zc and trans i also got the knuckle assy. from h motors online and i have a bad vibration? Do i have 2 do anything 2 my axles or do i have the right ones? 90-93 teg axles being used now. HELP PLEASE I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!ps. when i first did the swap i only did the motor and everything was fine. two weeks later decided i wanted 2 swap the trans, after that is when i started having problems!!!!!!11

1 - 7 of 7 Posts