Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My current setup is a DOHC ZC with a Greddy turbo "15g" kit for the 92-95 Civic. DSM SMIC, dsm 450cc injectors, Zdyne Gold SECU, Test pipe, DC sports exhaust in a 90 Civic. I have been running this setup for about 4 years. I noticed I am getting a bit of smoke "kinda blue" If the car sits idle for about 5 mins then I rev it, also a friend told me it will do it if Im driving and am in boost then let off I might get a little puff. My car has also had problems starting back up after I drive it and the engine is still warm. It seems to get flooded. I have to clear it out and it runs fine. Whats the chances the smoke is from the DSM injectors and running so rich? The car was tuned.

Also I am looking at buying a Greddy MBC "kinda pricey I know" but they look really nice. If I have some boost creep issues "wastegate set to 7 pounds hits 7 pounds then drops to 5.5" would this possibly resolve the creep issue? I havent found any leaks on my charge pipes. Im just looking for a basic turbo setup nothing to fancy, Thanks!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
From what I've read, the blue smoke is oil... Start looking in those directions. Maybe a blown turbo seal. Have you ran the same turbo for 4 years?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BLK92_D16 said:
From what I've read, the blue smoke is oil... Start looking in those directions. Maybe a blown turbo seal. Have you ran the same turbo for 4 years?
Thanks for the reply, yep same turbo for 4 years, I havent put really any miles on it, under 5000 I bet "no joke!". But that is possible, any other way I can check if it the seals?

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
blue smoke is def. oil. after 4 years it wouldn't be a bad idea to rebuild your turbo anyway. look in the charge piping and see if there's oil in it, or if theres oil coming out your bov.if not look into valve seals, do a compression test, and check for head gasket problems. as for the flooding, my buddy got his b16 tuned at a local shop and it ran so rich afterward on stock timing that he was only making 187hp @7.5psi on a t3/t4 after we re-tuned he made 227hp, point is just because it's "tuned" doesn't mean it's done right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts