Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 90 crx hf, and he just picked up a zc tranny. he wanted to know if he would have to get diffrent axles/hubs,ect, or will everything go together. i dont know if the tranny came from a duel, or single, or if there the same tranny. is there any diffrence inthe splines on zc and si?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
if he got a DOHC ZC tranny and equal length axles, the hubs will need to be changed.

BTW we have a tranny forum :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why wold it be pointless? shorter gears are better. i didnt know there was a tranny forum, so ill check it out. thanks...

·
Registered
941 Posts
SOHC_Rules said:
in other words... his motor has 70hp.... shortgears wont even make that thing quick
yup, he said. when doing a tranny swap, you might as well just pull the engine. I mean it's only like two more bolts and a wire harness. And just put in a d16a6 or even a d15b7. Anything is better than 8valves.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
honestly... i dont even think that the single cam motors have spots for the halfshaft to bolt up to.. just get an si tranny.. you have to make custom axles and for what he has done its not worth it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did it this weekend. all the hf parts work, u dont need a half shaft. the car actually gets it now, alot more than 70 hp, and he dosnt finish the 1/4 in 2nd. we built this motor w/ all my parts laying around, and free parts, little money, u cant beat it, it will give some mini me's a run for there money...

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
it must have been a single cam zc tranny then

1 - 12 of 12 Posts