Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..FNG here.
I have 91 crx hf..doing a mini me..i have d15 block..z6 head
I'm looking for a trans. I found a dohc zc..question I've read that I will have to change axles and hubs..is this fact?. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
You will need new axles, the DOHC ZC runs equal length shafts. You'll need to check if your block has the threaded bosses to bolt the half shaft to (very rare for a D15 block). You can run SOHC ED hubs no issue. Make sure it comes with the half shaft though, because they're hard to find.

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
47 Posts
Yep, that. ^^^
The inside CV joint shaft and splines are the larger Integra size, and the left and right axles are the same length. The missing length on the driver's side is taken up by a half-shaft that sticks straight out of the differential and bolts to the back of most D16 blocks via a support bearing and collar-bracket thing. (most? all?) D15's don't have the bracing and threaded holes for the bracket.
That said, I ran a ZC transmission with a dual-VTEC D15B for a couple years until the Cusco diff chunked itself. I had to fabricate a bracket to support the half-shaft bearing - a metal plate welded to the alternator mount, extending across to the intake manifold brace bolt holes. A second plate with holes and nuts for the bearing holder, attached at about a 45° angle to the bottom of the first plate. Add a triangle brace, paint it and bolt it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts