Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,
I bought a ZC tranny and wanted to put in my 88 EF Civic but am looking at the setup with the ZC Intermediate Shaft on see on my block one whole to bolt shat on to block versus the 3 attachments on ZC IM Shaft. Anyone ever mounted just that one hole on D15B2 block? I dont think that would be a good idea but would like some feedback on other options if any to mount this shaft without major welding to block??

Thanks for looking and replying.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
here's i'll give you a better option which i'm running.

88-91 Dx tranny case *
1st-4th ZC gears *
5th zc if you're going to use the 3.888FD
5th Si/Dx gear(better crusing) *
3.888 Dx FD and Dx diff(it's the same gear as the ZC but it's a 35mm bearing)
4.250 Si FD and countershaft on a DX diff *

* this is what i have on my DD. you get the 1st-4th short ratio gearing with a better crusing.

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
yes and no. the Dx and the ZC FD are the same so you don't need to swap FD but you need to take off the 1st-4th from the ZC and put them on the Dx mainshaft and countershaft and call it a day. if you can find some one parting a cable Si the pick up the FD and counter shaft and then swap them. and you'll have a short ratio tranny. but for now just swap the gears. the good point is you don't have to deal with the axle headaches.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
ZC tranny wont bolt up properly, it uses halfshafts. the only D wiuth those spots for the intermediate to boltup is the d16a6 from 88-91 civic/crx si's

you can swap blocks

or do like suggested above, swap guts!

either way, ZC tranny> D series tranny

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
ZC tranny wont bolt up properly, it uses halfshafts. the only D wiuth those spots for the intermediate to boltup is the d16a6 from 88-91 civic/crx si's

you can swap blocks
really?! then riddle me this: if your statement is correct, then why do i have a Dx tranny(for a D15b2) bolted up to a ZC block? answer to avoid the axle headache as i stated before.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
really?! then riddle me this: if your statement is correct, then why do i have a Dx tranny(for a D15b2) bolted up to a ZC block? answer to avoid the axle headache as i stated before.
you misinterpreted

the transmission bolts on fine

the bracket for the intermediate, since the ZC uses halfshafts, cant bolt onto a d15 block. the only D with those mounting holes is the d16a6

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts

you can swap blocks

or do like suggested above, swap guts!

either way, ZC tranny> D series tranny
You should have stated a STOCK DOHC ZC tranny that uses halfshafts won't work on D15's unless the diff is swapped.

Also some D16Z6 (leftover D16A6 blocks) are tapped for the bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts