Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this sohc zc motor and the drivers side axle seems like its too short.
If the axle goes in the tranny in completly it doesnt work. But if the axle is pushed out 1/2in.-1in. then it works just fine. So basically unless I take a sharp turn then its fine. But im worried to drive around on this. Any suggestions.

Somebody tried telling me i need to make a hybrid with the old Accord axle. 86-89
Any idea's?
Oh also, after that two inches, its a pain in the ass to get the axle completely out. Ive never had to struggle so much with an axle before.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the original tranny that comes with the sohc zc motor, and it has the middle shaft, and two two cv boots, if thats the intermiate shaft.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
what axles are you currently using?

with the dohc zc(im thinking this is the same tranny) you use 90-93 integra axles with the dust cap removed from the inside of your hubs

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know what axle im currently using, but this is the jdm sohc zc motor, with the matching tranny, obviosly im using a wrong type of axle, it doesnt fit right, and its too short, and when pushed in completely it does not work at all. So I need to know is there a usdm axle that can work on that jdm motor. This is for 88-91. Or does someone know where i can find a si/ex tranny/w axles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts