Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 1991 crx and I want to do a dohc zc swap, but I don't know what parts I need to do this swap. Could someone please let me know of every part I need to do this swap.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,871 Posts
that all really depends on what model crx u get.. if u get a si or hf its pretty much direct replacement except for a little wiring...

if u get a dx or std.. you gotta convert from dual point injection to multiport injection and thats a bit of wiring.. i havent personally done it but i know theres diagrams if you search on google that will show how to do it...

anyways good luck

·
Registered
968 Posts
DOHC ZC into CRX SI is pretty simple - bolts right in using the Si transmission, axles, flywheel and clutch - you will need an upper radiator hose for 88-89 Integra - use the Si bottom radiator hose - vacuum line connections are the same as the Si - swap your Si engine harness on to the ZC and make the wiring changes at the distributor - see this on our website for wiring instructions:

http://www.zcspeed.com/SiZCwiring.pdf

i would strongly suggest you replace a few items before installing the engine, including the timing belt, water pump, front and rear crankshaft seals and oil pan gasket - these are realatively easy to change with the engine out of the car and a lot harder to do once you get it in and find you have an oil leak or leaking water pump - consider the timing belt a must change - you might want to consider getting a new clutch assembly as it is also easy to change before you put it in - other things like valve cover gasket, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor can easily be changed once it is in the car

·
Screwy lewy in red
2005 Honda Accord LX
1,546 Posts
DOHC ZC into CRX SI is pretty simple - bolts right in using the Si transmission, axles, flywheel and clutch - you will need an upper radiator hose for 88-89 Integra - use the Si bottom radiator hose - vacuum line connections are the same as the Si - swap your Si engine harness on to the ZC and make the wiring changes at the distributor - see this on our website for wiring instructions:

http://www.zcspeed.com/SiZCwiring.pdf

i would strongly suggest you replace a few items before installing the engine, including the timing belt, water pump, front and rear crankshaft seals and oil pan gasket - these are realatively easy to change with the engine out of the car and a lot harder to do once you get it in and find you have an oil leak or leaking water pump - consider the timing belt a must change - you might want to consider getting a new clutch assembly as it is also easy to change before you put it in - other things like valve cover gasket, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor can easily be changed once it is in the car

Good looking out:TU: for TIcivic00 and his CRX ZC adventure!!! Hey TIcivic00 good luck on your swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im just gunna warn yu when yu do the swap make sure yu wire the comp the right way..b/c me and my friend did my swap and i think wired the inside wrong and it didnt wanna past 3k..just to let yu know..and wat ecu r yu planing on using???

·
Registered
174 Posts
im planning on putting a ZC in my 94 Civic Dx ... its basically plug and play,right ?

·
Registered
968 Posts
im planning on putting a ZC in my 94 Civic Dx ... its basically plug and play,right ?
not quite plug and play - if you get the OBD1 ZC, you swap your DX engine harness onto the ZC - the MAP sensor for the OBD1 ZC is on top of the throttle body - the EG DX has the MAP sensor on the firewall - you will need to unplug the connector for the MAP and extend the wires so that the connector will reach the throttle body and then plug the connector into the MAP on the throttle body - other than that, everything will plug right in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts