Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i hope someone can help me with this problem i am having with my dizzy.We have everything in and plugged in my 89 civic si hatch,butas far as dizzy wiring we have tried alot of ways as far as wiring to get it to spark to start but it wont.Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

It is a zc swap in a 89 civic si hatch by by the way thnx.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you turn the key?

Honestly with that little amount of information how is anyone supposed to have any idea what is wrong? Just because its all plugged in doesn't mean its plugged in correctly. You could get your distributor tested, and see if it even works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a dohc zc and we have got the dizzy tested and it is fine,the engine is getting fuel just no spark at all.We are using a zc ecu and we have checked over the wiring numerous times and it seems to be right.Wat other ecu options could i use if it is the ecu?Also sry for not providing enough info on it i have been wrking on it all day.Anything advice i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Check wiring diagrams to distributor pin outs. Also check the cam angle sensor. And check the ground strap that would usualy bolt on to the thermostat housing

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well once again none of that information really helps diagnose dick. What ecu and what distributor, as asked before, are you using? Also wiring "seems right" doesn't mean is right.

·
Registered
735 Posts
it is a dohc zc and we have got the dizzy tested and it is fine,did you mix the wires going into the dizzy plug? is it a 0bd 0 dissy?

the engine is getting fuel just no spark at all.We are using a zc ecu(so its a PM7? if obd0, whats the actual ecu code?

and we have checked over the wiring numerous times and it seems to be right. is the light on the ecu flashing? solid? any codes?

Wat other ecu options could i use if it is the ecu?if your obd0 (PM6,PM7, PG7) all work but pm7-pg7 have the best maps for it.

Also sry for not providing enough info on it i have been wrking on it all day.Anything advice i would greatly appreciate it.
i would lead to belive you have the wires switched on the plug connecting into the dizzy. go off this to check. and double check again. (i know it works i used it for mine) the two white wires would be easy to switch.
SI

DX-STD-ZC

sorry the pics are big...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks for the diagram ill check the wires right now and check them over and over again.I should have pics here today if the problems keeps up,so you guys will have a better look at it.Thankz again for the info and hopefully it work ill post pics soon and let you guys know wats up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my buddy says that the wiring is right on with the diagram,and that we think it might be the ecu,He said he has used them before in 1.6 and 1.5 but could never get them to work on the dohc zc.It has me puzzled b/c that is wat every forum on here calls to use for a dohc ac swap is the pm7 or the pg7 ,but i still believe it to be the wiring somewhere that is wrong.What should i do about this situation?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar problem. My DOHC ZC was OBD1 (three generations are OBD0 and one is OBD1). If I used a PG7 ECU, It would turn over but not fire. Once I installed a P06 ECU, it fired right up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the first number that the engine starts with on the block is a 2 which means it came out of a civic/crx,and i was told that it was the 2nd gen dohc zc.so not really for sure if that helps knowing wat it came out of buti was told it was obd0

·
Registered
952 Posts
my buddy says that the wiring is right on with the diagram,and that we think it might be the ecu,He said he has used them before in 1.6 and 1.5 but could never get them to work on the dohc zc.It has me puzzled b/c that is wat every forum on here calls to use for a dohc ac swap is the pm7 or the pg7 ,but i still believe it to be the wiring somewhere that is wrong.What should i do about this situation?
first off, quit listening to your buddy - next, in order for us to help you out, you need to answer the questions asked by T-rilla, namely:
1. What ECU do you have?
2. Do you have a Check Engine Light showing on the cluster? - if so, what codes?
3. What distributor is on it?
4. Are the wires in the distributor connector in the right locations?

in addition, i would also ask:
1. are you using the Si engine harness that was in your car?
2. when you turn the ignition "on", does the check engine light come on for 2 seconds and then go off?
3. do you have the spark plug wires in the correct location on the distributor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
an someone help me, placed a vtech head on the ZC sohc motor, but it wouldnt rolling over...can someone list of some of the stuff i Should check for it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow jacked this thread like a true champion. My title may say noob, but I can at least manage to make my own threads for my questions.

As pertaining to the OP, is it fixed? Or is your buddy still jerking you around claiming he knows what hes doing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well im using the pm7 ecu,and the wairing harness that was in the car went to a d16z6 so im not sure if he replaced it with a diffrent harness or not,and im using a obdo dizzy b/c my zc engine is obdo and i have checked the wires and they are right,the spark plug wires are correct on the dizzy as well.I believe it might possibly be the ecu either it is not the correct one or it is just shot.Hopefully some of this info will narrow the problem down.sry for not posting just had my baby was in the hospital but let me know wat you guys think and the check engine does not come on and it is not throwing any codes at all.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Did you see if the white "igniter" wire in hooked up? I had this problem and it was because of this. Even if there is fuel , see if the check engine light ever comes on; and see if the ecu blinks once when you turn the key to on. If it doesn't do this it could be the ECU. This was another problem I had, there wasn't any spark but fuel and it turned out the ECU was bad, maybe try another ecu then if it's not the problem just sell it after you fix it. Mybe just get a new wire harness if you're not sure what it is. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts