Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we put a sohc zc into a 90 crx and did the dpfi to the mpfi. we have the correct ecu, im, and dizzy
the problems we are havig are that it revs out at around 3,000 and yes we have swapped the tps wires.
the ecu light stays on and we have tried 2 other known good ecus and they still stay on. there is no jumper wire the was left on causing this either.
we have gone threw the wiring a million times using this site and still cant figure it out.
we swapped tps sensors out and idle control motors and dizzy and still cant get it.
at one point we did have it running and reving to at least 6500 but we turned it off and BAM nothing.
stumped.. i want this car out of my driveway[[we are doing it for a friend!!]]
please help this noob

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
So the check engine light is on? What is the code? What ecu are you using? Sounds like you are in limp home mode.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
throttle cable too tight
idle screw
switch back the tps wires
vacume lines
god i cant spell

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am using a pr3 and a pm6. already have fixed the throttle cable, it was idling high ad was a lil tight. idle screw has been messed with, tps has been swapped back ad forht, and the vacuum lines are the same as my sohc zc in a 4dr. i just dot get it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
oh ya and there is no engine codes, the light stays on, doesnt blink
This is code 0 means you have a problem inside your ecu. Are ether chipped?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes this i know and the other ecu's work fine. no chips. all stock i think a pm6 pr3 i think? we put them in another car and they work fine. i think the next step is just going to be to pull the wiring out and start over unless someone else knows whatelse it could be

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had the same problem but in my experience it was an amateur mistake i dint swap the distributor and the square dizzy plug to the round plug once i did that it was all fixed up lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts