Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wondering if the 1.5 and 1.6 oil filters where the same becouse iether they gave me the wrong one or 1.5 filters dont fit the 1.6 d16a6. My block is the sohc "ZC" with an oil cooler on the back. Does anyone know what oil filter fits this engine?

C

·
0 Posts
sohc zc is the same thing as a d16a6 with a more agressive cam.

score a d16a6 oil filter and you should be good.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I my other 2 sohc zc didnt come with an oil cooler on the back. I was thinking the oil filter mite be different for that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a SOHC ZC Vtec... the oil filter that I use is the same kind of filter that I used when I had a D16Z6 in my car. I went to pepboys and looked up 93 Civic Ex and got that filter, and it fits fine and I have no problems.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
mine doesnt. but if that is a factory item, it should still use the same filter. you wouldnt think that Honda would have a bunch of different filters for the same motor

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
Did you guys have that oil cooler on the back of your block?
i've only seen the ZCs come with them. but yeah any Honda B or D filter should fit. i use the S2K :beer:

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
its not an oil cooler. its an oil warmer, to keep the oil filter appeture from clogging in cold ass northern american weather, not here in oz, cos its all kangaroos and red dirt n stuff, actually, wtf is a honda, we all drive 1922 holden utes.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im an idiot. I was trying to put a nissan pathfinder and chevy s10 oil filter on it. Also it may warm the oil up at first but i would think it would keep it cooler than normal once warmed up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Honda's should all use the same oil filter for B and D I even remember the number its 3593A Fram or equiv. That's interesting you got a oil cooler on your SOHC ZC, I've only seen those on JDM DOHC ZC's and B-series. Should use the same filter unless it's aftermarket.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i know , even my sohc zc dual carbed motor didnt come with one. I also have a d15b thats non vtec. Honda is tricky.

·
Registered
139 Posts
ttt

DontSaveHer said:
Hey guys. I was wondering if the 1.5 and 1.6 oil filters where the same becouse iether they gave me the wrong one or 1.5 filters dont fit the 1.6 d16a6. My block is the sohc "ZC" with an oil cooler on the back. Does anyone know what oil filter fits this engine?
should be the same as a stock d16z6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts