Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard alot of good about the zc but I wan't to know what I can expect to beat. just how fast will it be .

·
Banned
52 Posts
they r pretty fast what car is it going in?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well tha ZC are quick and are very torguey but once u get used to the power u want more but i was thinkin i am going to just build my ZC which is in in a 1993 honda civic 2dr coupe 5spd. ive been able to beet a 01' gsr integra 2dr, a nissan 240sx toyota celica,crx and civic hatch..its a quick motor...im just trying to built more ummphh to whoop serious ass...

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
the zc is a good motor.. it depends on what u have..

mine is pretty quick.. cant hold traction in 1st gear at all anymore and its all motor no internals or cams.. i like it now.. for a while when it was stock.. it felt alot slower than my stock single cam vtec.. but its okay once u put stuff on it.. id suggest one of the first couple of upgrades would be an fpr... get intake exhuast and an fpr.. put the fuel pressure guage in.. see what its at and raise it 2-5 psi on stock motor.. i raised mine 8 psi.. it was running really really lean..

now on what you expect to beat with it.. is mainly depinding on your driving.. if u can drive u can beat cars triple your horsepower if they cant drive... ( trust me been proven )

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've beaten just about anything thats not turboed. You name it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i run 13.5 @ 103 ina 1g crx with a d16a1 stock motor @ 10psi 190 whp.

IMO the dohc d series is THE best d series.

·
Registered
335 Posts
what zc is torquey? I had a sohc non vtec in a 4th gen civic it was awsome, beat alot of cars but ive seen the specs on torque and isnt it 108 lbs on each dohc sohc + vtec sohc? (i want another one lol)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the engine will serve you just fine. get your power to the ground by upgrading your drive train with flywheel and clutch. after that you'll be able to keep up to a lot of other street terrors/

·
Registered
144 Posts
now on what you expect to beat with it.. is mainly depinding on your driving.. if u can drive u can beat cars triple your horsepower if they cant drive... ( trust me been proven )
what happened to this site...????

The zc is a great little engine...

its still not a corvette though... theyt can be made really fast.... just drop one in and find out it is what it is.. . .

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok i got a question will a dohc zc head fit on a 1.6 sohc block ???i got a brand new dohc zc head and the bottom end is knockin just woundering if i could put the dohc head on a sohc block being that its still a d cuz i no any b fits a b like ls b16 gsr type r heads fit any of the bottom ends thanx

·
Registered
915 Posts
88hatch said:
ok i got a question will a dohc zc head fit on a 1.6 sohc block ???i got a brand new dohc zc head and the bottom end is knockin just woundering if i could put the dohc head on a sohc block being that its still a d cuz i no any b fits a b like ls b16 gsr type r heads fit any of the bottom ends thanx
:slap: NO!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a pretty rare sohc 1.6 vtec "ZC" engine code. (basicly a D16Z6) It rips. A car to compare me to is a rx7 with a v8. Thats the closest standing car to me. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts