Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are ZC engines REV happy? DO they like high revs or what? Silly question I know, I have an OBD1 DOHC ZC and wonder if I drive it too hard, it just doesnt feel alive till after 4500 rpm....Is this ok? I know that the JDM d15B like revs but how do these compare....I like revs and Im wondering if I should sell the ZC and get a D15b.....

T

·
0 Posts
all of the usdm zc engines (d16a1) that ive had went to 7000 and it pulled all the way, i dont know if they were ment to go that far but they were all on stock ecus.

·
Registered
424 Posts
High RPMs don't always mean high HP. If you just like to hear the poor motor scream, buy a bike. You can rev some of them up past 15,000 RPM:hyper: That should take care of your "rev fix":lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
keep the zc i know mine has great pull aroud 2800 but till then it lags so now im just bulding my engin to build more low end power u do that ull be the happest person alive
(ps a 99 si got me off the line but after about 60 feet i pulled on him it was awsome i love my car)\

K

·
0 Posts
D15B said:
sohc's are designed for high rpms.

I wouldn't necessarily say all that...

honda engines in gereral are rev happy engines...

it seems to me that vtec engines make most of there power at higher rpms while engines like the zc make more power lower with alot of torque..

the jdm zc has a stock redline of 7200 rpms

I don't know about the d15b
But the motor does impress me alot ;)

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
i have a jdm D15b and it is fun. only mods i have done to it are a delta 282 cam, 2.5" full exhaust, but with stock manifold, and a homemade short ram intake. pg7 ecu, sometimes revs out at 7200, other times a lil past 8000

btw tho, it doesnt really start to make power till around 4000~4500 rpm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts