Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Top Aussie
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought i'd start up a new thread in regards to what is being said in the ZC vtec one.

Basically what i've read in there that it is actually possible to do a mini-me swap by chucking on a Z6 head. Basically the way i see this being weird is a SOHC head fitting onto a traditional DOHC engine. But hey anything is possible. I'd imagine you'd need ECU changes also.

Is this a myth? If not does anyone have any more info on it! I'm interested to see what it's all about.

D

·
0 Posts
nedgeworth said:
Thought i'd start up a new thread in regards to what is being said in the ZC vtec one.

Basically what i've read in there that it is actually possible to do a mini-me swap by chucking on a Z6 head. Basically the way i see this being weird is a SOHC head fitting onto a traditional DOHC engine. But hey anything is possible. I'd imagine you'd need ECU changes also.

Is this a myth? If not does anyone have any more info on it! I'm interested to see what it's all about.

good luck the sohc d series head will not bolt straight up to the dohc zc block already have tried it best bet is to sohc vtec head (d15b, sohc zc vtec, d16a, z6 and y8 head all vtec) on to a zc block and dont forget to pull the oil jet out of the block and you will need a pr3 ecu

·
Registered
309 Posts
dark91zc said:
good luck the sohc d series head will not bolt straight up to the dohc zc block already have tried it best bet is to sohc vtec head (d15b, sohc zc vtec, d16a, z6 and y8 head all vtec) on to a zc block and dont forget to pull the oil jet out of the block and you will need a pr3 ecu
are you ok?...

·
0 Posts
a pr3? negative, it will be starved of fuel and someone will get foot happy with the rpm's...best thing to do is obd1 change over or use a vafc

best thing to do is get a sohc non-vtec zc and possbly a y8 head...you will be much happier...the dohc zc is great how it is and modifying it like people have tried is not worth the time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts