Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
civic and mustang
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who is going to give me his ZC tranny because he just did a bseries swap. I know the trans will bolt up and all my question is: Will the intermediate shaft work with this block or not? I currently have a 91 SI trans in the car. The car is a 1991 ef hatch. If this wont work what will i have to do to make it work and will my si axles work if the intermediate shaft doesnt bolt up? i have searched and have found some saying one thing or another. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
civic and mustang
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i should be able to look at the backside of the block by the alternator end and see if its tapped and i would just have to change the axles correct because from what ive read the hub splines are the same. I wasn't sure about the axles because ive seen people talk about doing the swap and said they have used their si axles

·
Registered
civic and mustang
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha woe thats what im trying to figure out if you have the answer then tell me ive searched over a few forums and everyone seems to have their own "facts" about this issue im just trying to figure out which is right

·
Registered
91 snatch
24 Posts
ive got a 91 hatch. ive got a d16z6 in it with a zc lsd trans. my holes were threaded so the intermediate shaft bolted right up. if tehres no threads there should be holes, just break out the tap and die set and tap them. but im running the trans on my z6 with the correct intermediate shaft (there is 2 different ones), da integra axles and da integra spindles.

p.s., gotta love the idea of b-series axles on your d-series car..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts