A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
I needa make a new thread and fill it full of random posts to get em up... lol
Probably not the best idea.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
here's my mine and this about how close you're going to see one close cause it's super hard to find and expensive. 5 years in finding one.

1st gear: 3.250 39/12
2nd gear: 1.944 35/18 dohc zc (88-91)
3rd gear: 1.346 35/26 dohc zc (88-91)
4th gear: 1.033 31/30 dohc zc (88-91)
5th gear: 0.878 29/33 dohc zc (88-91)
Final drives: 4.437 71/16 zxi/aerodeck (88-00) found in cable zxi.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just picked up a hydro D15B trans and in the same shipment a buddy picked up a cable lsd zc trans...

Hmotorsonline will get one in from time to time. Just pay in full ahead of time and enjoy the long wait.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have one for sale. its SOHC, not DOHC ZC. but still get the same results of quicker gearing.

same LSD as remoer showed. but no dohc zc gearing. sohc zc came stock with our Si/DX 1-5 gears.
do the sohc zc trannies have the same FD as the Si as well, or DOHC zc?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I called today but they didn't have any. But, I read on a post that you could just pay up front and get on a waiting list from them and wait til one comes in.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i have one for sale. its SOHC, not DOHC ZC. but still get the same results of quicker gearing.

same LSD as remoer showed. but no dohc zc gearing. sohc zc came stock with our Si/DX 1-5 gears.
werd Tyson is great guy, he has help me through the years over several boards.

·
Registered
90 CRX hf
101 Posts
Ok call HMO again, and order a non-LSD DOHC ZC tranny, and make sure you specify the appropriate year tranny u need. Then get ahold of an MFactory dealer (theres one thats a member here) and order an LSD. Put the 2 together and you have a ZC LSD tranny, and you can get the helical type that doesn't burn out the clutches as I believe the honda ones are clutch type that require maintenance. Also, while ur at it you can put the SI final drive from an 88-91 SI tranny in there and have even shorter gears!

Otherwise you could buy Tyson's, i'll vouch for him too, and if you want the shorter gears with his you can buy a regular ZC tranny and have the gears switched into it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
but what if the DOHC ZC tranny, or large axle is really a SOHC ZC tranny from an Integra???

They are the same externally. The Teg tranny will have normal DX/Si 1-5 with 4.437 FD.

·
Registered
178 Posts
but what if the DOHC ZC tranny, or large axle is really a SOHC ZC tranny from an Integra???

They are the same externally. The Teg tranny will have normal DX/Si 1-5 with 4.437 FD.
pretty easy to tell the difference of large axle trannys, you go by the color and type of the serial number.

call nippon motors in cerritos if you want a dohc zc tranny, they have about a dozen DOHC ZC stacked in the back sandwiched between pallets. nobody wants em. and no, none of them are LSD...

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
tyson i think bone was being comical... he should have inserted the high tension music...*dun, dun. duuuuuuuuuuuun.* lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts