Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my names John. Im new to the site but not new to hondas but i need some help here
My daily driver, a 96 civic lx (d16y7) was ran without oil and spun a bearing to say the least.
The best deal i could find was a ZC motor from a local engine shop.
After doing some research i havent found a swap like this
i hope i didnt waste my time with this motor, i can still bring it back at this point
But if anyone has a thread or some insight on what will make this work, is greatly appreciated.
This is my daily, and still has an Auto trans

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
what generation of zc is it? if you do not know, check the dohc zc specs mods parts list thread in this subforum here.

for it to drop in to your 96, it will have to be the 4th gen zc as the 3rd gen mounts are different.

did the motor come with the distributor and wiring harness?

your auto trans will bolt up, but it will feel sluggish, i doubt you will find an auto ecu for it if it is obd1. chip an auto p06

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked the motor, the engine block says ZC
But it doesnt match any of the motors in the parts/mods thread because it the valve cover looks like a normal single cam cover

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
came with no wire harness
and as far as speed im not worried

Edit: after research this is a single cam ZC
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section i am new to the d/zc series

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
photos are attached
This motor was off an automatic still has converter attached
intake mani had p6b on it i beleive
thank you very much for the help here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
thats the weird motor not found here in the states..can you post pics of your engine harness from your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this motor didnt come with a harness
My four door still has the original d16y7 never touched
Its a stock untouched wire harness

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
this motor didnt come with a harness
My four door still has the original d16y7 never touched
Its a stock untouched wire harness
im trying to figure out if your stock engine harness will work with your new motor....need pics of it to know.....you have an odd ball motor....we dont have that motor in the u.s.a..

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
you will need to swap out the dizzy on the zc motor or wire the zc dizzy to your engine harness....im not sure what dizzy will fit/work on the zc motor...

if the alt plug is different on the zc motor then your stock motor you can just swap the alt from the old motor to the zc motor...

if the zc motor doesnt have a crank sensor you will need to do the crank sensor trick to bypass it...

the only other thing as far as wiring goes is the o2 sensors...you should be able to use your old exhaust manifold on the zc motor and that will take care of that..

all other wiring should be plug and play..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Perfect, thank you for your help.
This may be a preety cheap and easy alternative to other swaps.
As far as the Ecu though wil my stock one work with the zc?
And will mounts line up?

·
Registered
476 Posts
As far as the Ecu though wil my stock one work with the zc? And will mounts line up?
You may want to swap over your stock injectors also. Your ecu wants 190cc and there's no telling what's on that motor, they could be 240's.

Reuse you stock mounts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts