Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at dropping in a sohc ZC this summer into my '91 4dr, want to keep it obd-0. have heard that the exhaust manifold bolt patterm is off, but can't find if this for both the dohc and the sohc or just the dohc. have an A6 head on my d15b2 bottom-end so could swap that over if need be and just swap the cams out.

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
the zc motor is wider at the flange and it has a slant on it, but it still hits the same spot underneath before the cat. if you can't find the stock downpipe a cheap ebay header will easily do the trick.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks for the response. will use the chikura torq step header i have on the current motor. since it sounds like the zc and the a6 head are the same i'll just keep the a6 off my old motor as a back-up.

anyone know if ARP studs are reuseable from motor to motor? i know they are reusable for head gasket changes, but when i drop in the "new' motor will prob. replace the head gasket [z6 or y8] along with the t-belt, tensioner and water pump, just want to know if i need to spring for a new set of ARP's

·
Registered
349 Posts
you can use the the si manifold, just port match the mani to the head , ...the exhaust ports on the zc are slightly shifted to the right , just use a dremel and grind the manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.