Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many threads on here such as:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-zc/162857-zcspeed-com-adapter-plate.html

Suggest that the OBD0 DOHC ZC (we call them D16A8/9 in UK) intake manifold is the best D series intake.
The zcspeed adapter exisits primarily to bolt up SOHC manifolds to the ZC.

But over here the DOHC manifolds are two a penny.
I'm going to be running a sleeved boosted Z6.
Would I be better off using a ported Z6 manifold or adapting and porting a DOHC manifold to fit instead ??

Appreciate that I'd have to create an adapter for it. Not a problem.

This is sort of the reverse that most normally people look at this.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Ya bro for boost, youd want to run the edle brock intake mani, It out performs most of the competition when comparing CFM. Unless your going full race then use a sheet metal styles like the GE or Venom.

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
the edelbrock x is good for boosting and is made for such a thing.

the y8 IM is the better choice for a z6 mani if ur going OEM for the build.

the dohc will fit with an adaptor plate, but there are other options. Like porting the z6 mani, or getting a ported y8 mani. which is better.

i would get the ported y8 mani. done right and its just like mentioned. Skunk etc...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot use the Edlebrock due to space in the bay. It'll hit the back of the engine bay and I'm not wishing to modify the firewall to make it fit.
To give you an idea, that ebay auction has it for $300.
I can buy the Victor X in the UK for $500 :pinch:
So it would have to be US ebay, plus a favour for avoiding import tax (+ approx 10%) and VAT (sales tax, +20% !!).
Sucks...

I've got a few Z6 intakes an they are easy enough to find.
So porting one (or many attempts) out isn't a problem.

Y8 is harder to find over here.
Not difficult, but Z6 intakes are easier to come by without having to buy the whole engine/head.

I'm aware that the plate doesn't fit in reverse.
Making a suitable plate isn't a problem, if it's worth it to use the DOHC manifold.
If I was in the US I'd probably buy something. But it's just potentially cheaper to modify something here than import it.
I doubt anyone has compares the diamensions of the DOHC against say the Skunk2 or Edelbrock? - it's alays done against a SOHC manifold. (does anyone have a link to a comparision of SOHC against DOHC please ?!?)

I should be able to find DOHC intakes even easier than Z6's.
It probably pains you guys, but they are throw away here as the engines out live the bodies.
So if I tear into one, do people want to see pics, or has someone done this already ?

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
in for pics all the way, id like to see it put some good numbers out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts