Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you are supposed to use an 89 teg distributor but does anybody know if using the crx so distributor will allow it to run correctly or if it throws it into limp mode?

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you get the timming spot on it should not have a problem the only issue will be bolting the dizzy cause they are diferent but can be made to fit. On what engine is it going to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get the timming spot on it should not have a problem the only issue will be bolting the dizzy cause they are diferent but can be made to fit. On what engine is it going to?
I have an obd0 dohc zc and its in an 88 crx si. iI bought the complete harness (custom made) and the car runs but won't rev past 2500rpms. I myself the Honda dealer and 4 other shops have been messing with it for a month. We can't figure it out. We have a cell for a code 13 which is atmospheric pressure but we tried a sensor and ecu with no avail. And the wiring is checking good. I just wasn't sure if I put my si distributor on it or not. I was hoping that's my problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are running it obd0.. what are you doing for the external cps?
I bought the rywire adapter for $40. So assuming that the harness adapter does its job the distributor should work. But what I keep worrying about is the internal caps on the distributor messing with the external cps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are running it obd0.. what are you doing for the external cps?
I bought the rywire adapter for $40. So assuming that the harness adapter does its job the distributor should work. But what I keep worrying about is the internal caps on the distributor messing with the external cps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so I finally found out (well Honda did) that my bark sensor isn't sending a signal. I was happy to maybe get my cel off tomorrow when the sensor comes in however when I asked the Honda mechanic if he thinks the baro sensor caused the limp mode and he looked at me and said "I don't know but we will find out tomorrow"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed. I raced my 91 civic without a baro sensor for 5 yrs and never had an issue. I'd look at the distributor. atleast try a good known one if you know somebody who has one??
I am on the same page as you. Bad thing is I don't know anyone that does so I'm saying the guessing game at 175 dollars. New parts for Hondas are ridiculously high

·
Registered
795 Posts
i am runnin a crx SI dizz on my obd1 Dohc swap all i did was swap out the cam cap( dizzy mounting one) with one off a LS motor that allows the bolt hole to line up for the SI dizzy but only only bolt hole will line up it has worked for me more years now no prob .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, they are not. Buy parts that don't include regular maintenence parts for most other brands and the prices are comparable or higher, as long as you are ordering online I
I'm a manager at AutoZone. A Chevy pick up truck iacv runs around $35-60. A crx iacv is 163.99. Map sensors on older chevys are around 60-80 whereas one for a crx is 284.99

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Okay . . . Cheap parts for junk American cars don't count. They are only that cheap because they fail all the time. I'll amend my statement to not include American cars and only Japanese and Euro-tard brands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay . . . Cheap parts for junk American cars don't count. They are only that cheap because they fail all the time. I'll amend my statement to not include American cars and only Japanese and Euro-tard brands.
I'll accept the revised statement. Lol shit thing is everybody has lifetime warranties

·
Registered
795 Posts
i have a lot of sensors kicking around oem honda but used i save them for reasons like this i have map and tps and iacv and a few good working dizzys all i will sell pm me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts