Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a zc or d16a1 block on any sites please?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are a few lying around in South Africa...(New blocks)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what year did the d16al came off of.maybe i can help you out.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Z-C-R-X said:
I have an extra zc block sitting around but what are you planning on putting it in? civic or teg? you may want to specifiy what car your putting it in or you might end up needing to get or fabricate mounts...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Z-C-R-X said:
The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 blocks are different. If its going into a 84-87 Civic/CRX then you need the D16a1. If you are putting it in a 88-91 Civic/CRX then you need the DOHC ZC. The mounts and tranny bolt holes are different so you will need to make sure you get the right one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sikocivic said:
The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 blocks are different. If its going into a 84-87 Civic/CRX then you need the D16a1. If you are putting it in a 88-91 Civic/CRX then you need the DOHC ZC. The mounts and tranny bolt holes are different so you will need to make sure you get the right one.
I love these answers!! I will try and be gentle. Do some research. There are 86-89 DOHC Integra ZC's. The 88-91 Civic ZC is not the only ZC in the universe as many believe. There are also SOHC ZC's. Do some research and get informed. JS

Edit:The 88-91 ZC will fit into a 2G CRX but not a 1G CRX/3G Civic without mount fabrication. The 86-89 Teg ZC's will fit into a 1G CRX/3G Civic but not into 2G CRX without mount fabrication. But then again with some ingenuity and $$$ you can make almost anything work. Either engine will fit into my Mini project as does a B16. JS

·
Registered
92 Civic HB
395 Posts
Volitech said:
I have an extra zc block sitting around but what are you planning on putting it in? civic or teg? you may want to specifiy what car your putting it in or you might end up needing to get or fabricate mounts...
Do you have just the block or the whole engine? If just the block, where could I get a head for it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
allmotorsohcisbest said:
Do you have just the block or the whole engine? If just the block, where could I get a head for it?
I only have the block! I have an extra head for it but their is a 12mm nut sticking out of one of the valves... the kid I bought the engine from droped a nut down the intake and didn't think it would be a problem so he started it up..... Could be fixed but you'd have to get new valves...

·
Registered
424 Posts
strudel said:
I love these answers!! I will try and be gentle. Do some research. There are 86-89 DOHC Integra ZC's. The 88-91 Civic ZC is not the only ZC in the universe as many believe. There are also SOHC ZC's. Do some research and get informed. JS

Edit:The 88-91 ZC will fit into a 2G CRX but not a 1G CRX/3G Civic without mount fabrication. The 86-89 Teg ZC's will fit into a 1G CRX/3G Civic but not into 2G CRX without mount fabrication. But then again with some ingenuity and $$$ you can make almost anything work. Either engine will fit into my Mini project as does a B16. JS
Thank you for just restating what I had already said:rolleyes:

I also never said that the 88-91 DOHC ZC was the only one. He asked if anyone had a ZC or D16a1 block. I was just pointing out that they are NOT the same thing.
I am glad you love my answers;-)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok, Let's break your original comments into three pieces.
The DOHC ZC and the D16a1 blocks are different.
Agreed only if you are talking about an 88-91 Civic ZC which I suspect you are. But let's not forget that the 86-89 Integra ZC's have similar blocks and are interchangeable.
If its going into a 84-87 Civic/CRX then you need the D16a1
Agreed or you need an 86-89 Integra ZC-My point
If you are putting it in a 88-91 Civic/CRX then you need the DOHC ZC
Agreed only if you mean an 88-91 Civic ZC which again I suspect you do.

Latest response.
He asked if anyone had a ZC or D16a1 block. I was just pointing out that they are NOT the same thing.
This is where you were only half right and should have explained that are two ZC's that LOOK similar but are not. As stated 1. 86-89 Integra ZC and D16A1-Interchangeable 2. 88-91 Civic ZC and D16A1 are different but some parts are useable in the D16A1. Each has their specific use and if done correctly the 88-91 ZC will also fit nicely into an 1G CRX.

My complaint is that in most cases the term "DOHC ZC" needs to be qualified as to which version one is talking about so that everyone is on the same page. Ther are two distinct versions or three actually if you break the Integra DOHC ZC into it's two formats(browntop and blacktop) which have their own nuances. JS

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic
489 Posts
go to jspecautosports.com!!! they have the whole swap package!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where are you at? I'm pulling my d16 block this next week and may be able to hook you up with a head as well.

i'm in little rock AR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts