Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new here but i had a question that im sure yall can help out with. my cousin just bought an 88 cr-x Si. when i go to look under the hood, i see ZC on the block instead of d16XX, but with a SOHC head. i know those are supposed to be Dohc, right? is there a way to know what head it actually is? and why would someone do this? im lost to why its like that but any help,info or opinions are welcomed. thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ok. see, i didnt kow they made sohc zc's. that explains that. do you or anyone happen to know any specs on it? like what car its from and stuff like that?

·
Registered
934 Posts
The sohc ZC as mentioned above is basically the same engine as the d16a6, a-la JDM. Cam profile is different but thats about it, plus you get to sport the ZC badge on the block. hehehe

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
same as d16a6 (stock SI), but the exhaust lobes on the cam are a tad more aggressive, but not 10hp worth, which everyone claims.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I was lucky enough to have got a carbed one which was cool since the valve springs are stiffer than the FI one. I used a webcam on that head with a y8 mani and that bad boy was niiiiice. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Apex001 said:
I was lucky enough to have got a carbed one which was cool since the valve springs are stiffer than the FI one. I used a webcam on that head with a y8 mani and that bad boy was niiiiice. :)

Nice...off topic but totally funny, since I'm tired. You avitar's dancing bear was dancing to the beat of my music.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the info. yeah it cool when people see the zc on the block. lol. so where can i find upgrades for this motor or what parts off another will fit this? things like, cam,cam gear, pistons, and clutch. thanks for all the help. awesome site

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
clubEF9 said:
thanks for all the info. yeah it cool when people see the zc on the block. lol. so where can i find upgrades for this motor or what parts off another will fit this? things like, cam,cam gear, pistons, and clutch. thanks for all the help. awesome site
anything d16a6 will bolt on directly, then there's the good ol' mix and match of all d-series parts

A

·
0 Posts
I have 2 blown single cam zc blocks and 1 40,000 mile one coming. I thought the compression was a little higher on these pistons also?

A

·
0 Posts
I have 2 blown single cam zc blocks and 1 40,000 mile one coming. I thought the compression was a little higher on these pistons also?

C

·
0 Posts
staticchmbr said:
they make sohc zc, and dohc zc's. either that or whoever had it before machined a sohc head to fit a dohc block.
This is true, I am from Trinidad and all our motors are JDM and there are tonnes of SOHC ZC around.
We even have DOHC D16A's!

I put up a post about matting a D15B head to a DOHC D16A block, I think you just answered my question.

Honda is having a blast with these engine codes :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts