Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
my car duhh
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what axels i need for this zc trans to work with my 93 civic ex "ej1" im stuck ughhhhh lol :death:

·
Registered
952 Posts
if you have a ZC transmission, you need the ZC intermediate shaft and Integra axles - passenger side axle is 90 and up Integra - driver's side axle depends on which intermediate shaft you have - if the intermediate shaft has a female outer end, you need 90-93 Integra axle - if the intermediate shaft has a male outer end, you need 94 and up Integra axle

·
Registered
my car duhh
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i cant use the intermidiater shaft cuz im still using my d15b not the zc motor. im only using the trans

·
Registered
962 Posts
u need the zc intermediate shaft and u can use b16a eg9 left and right outer driveshaft. you need driver side zc inner cv joint housing.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
but i cant use the intermidiater shaft cuz im still using my d15b not the zc motor. im only using the trans
yes you can, just gotta drill/tap the mounting holes.
1.5 needs special bracket to be able to use the shaft. The mounting holes do not line up on 1.5 motors.

ZC intermediate shaft with non IS block - Honda-Tech

Hush Performance — Hush Performance ZC IS adapter

OPTION 2:

Forget the intermediate shaft and use b-series inners with your stock axles.

·
Registered
my car duhh
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
okay which b series inners do i need cuz i got 90 integra ones and i put the inner on the driver side and it comes out of the trans .. and i just put the whole axel in on the passenger side and it looks like its being stretched out too much. and i tried to put my inner on the passenger side stock axel but the inner doesnt fit with the stock bearings ...

·
Registered
952 Posts
you could contact this guy in the thread below (as BeerDrinkin said) - maybe he would make you a bracket - otherwise, about the only solution is to swap the differential carrier and use your stock axles - putting B-series inner joints on the driver's side axle won't work - they won't stay in the transmission - the locking ring on the CV joint is not in the right location

http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/147099-zc-intermediate-shaft-non-block.html

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
I just did this with a z6 block with dihc zc trans in a ed. The holes for the intermediate shaft should be on the block they just need tapped. Luckily mine was already tapped lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Get that adapter posted above, then get a ZC intermediate shaft off thezcr.com (i'm sure someone will have one), then use a 90-93 integra drivers side axle, and a 92-95 civic passenger side axle with an 89 integra inner cup (same axle configuration you would use for a CG trans swap).

·
Registered
THE CRX
978 Posts
almost sounds like ur better off waiting to get the order right, but if you like doing all custom work then it should be fine. The zc trans like any other dohc tranny needs to be mounted properly, and the only way to do that is to make it feel at home.

Using sohc parts for a dohc part doesnt work like that. Not imho.

beer drinkin already laid out your best plan, we're not gonna walk you through it.

Lunch box made it even simpler for you. wash, rinse, repeat. thnx.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
B-series inner joints on the driver's side axle won't work - they won't stay in the transmission - the locking ring on the CV joint is not in the right location
I never knew this part of it. I always thought that was the way to cheat around it... I guess not. He needs that bracket.

·
Registered
952 Posts
rather than messing around with finding an intermediate shaft, getting a bracket or buying custom axle, i would just swap the differential carrier in the transmission and use the stock axles - you would need a differential with the large bearings

1 - 20 of 27 Posts