Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ZC SRP Pistons?

Hey,
Im in the process of buying pistons for my engine finally... Dohc Zc. What is the actual designation of this engine? d16z6?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im looking to buy pistons (comp. ratio around 9.1:1), and rods... most likely from Tuner Toys for my dohc zc.... do you know if their connecting rods for the d16 are for ALL d16s, including the zc? Thanks,
Chris

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
344 Posts
none of the above. the dohc zc and d16a1 have a bigger head/combustion chamber volume than any other d series. basically if you put any type of piston in there, it will have a full point lower compression. ex: 9:1 comp pistons in a d16y8 will have 8:1 in a zc or d16a1. raceeng.com has the 9:1 zc pistons your looking for for $429. also endyne has some, but they are lower in compression.

tunertoys.com is in the middle of either making them, or getting them cheaper from somewhere, but no luck yet.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
the TT rods should work fine. the SRP pistons that TT sells will not net you the compression you want. you will most likely have to contact a piston maufacturer and see if they offer them. not many places stock pistons for your application.

maybe play with the D series compression calc and find out what pistons will get you close, then order forged High-Comp pistons for another app that will net you the c/r you want

·
Registered
344 Posts
zc crx said:
but the tuner toy rods are game for Zc's right?

yea, i got a set of the TT rods for my d16a1/zc. i can't put them in yet, because im in the same boat as you...looking for pistons. i was going to buy the race engineering ones from raceeng.com, but they are a little too much $$ for me right now. its the only thing keeping my car off the road. hopefully someone will make affordable ones soon.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
staticchmbr said:
yea, i got a set of the TT rods for my d16a1/zc. i can't put them in yet, because im in the same boat as you...looking for pistons. i was going to buy the race engineering ones from raceeng.com, but they are a little too much $$ for me right now. its the only thing keeping my car off the road. hopefully someone will make affordable ones soon.
I emailed them, stilll waiting back on a price.. Do you know what they cost, pistons/rings/wristpins?

I tore down my zc today.. glad to see the whole head assembly looked great. #1 and #2 cylinders were completely washed down with probably half a dixie cup full of oil sitting ontop of each... guess I was a little too hard on the nitrous :hammer:... one minor score in the #2 cylinder, but nothing a nice .020 overbore wont take care of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts