Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone ? I’m struggling with my ZC auto box!! My speedo stopped working and after ages trying to get the speedo gear out I’ve put a new one in but it still doesn’t work, when I looked in the top of the speedo gear hole I can’t seem to find a cog... so was wondering if there is a cog or they don’t have it ?!
Im not sure if there was a cog and now it’s busted off and the box is a goner

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,056 Posts
Well, there is a notch that has to line up. Did you change transmissions and then it quit working or it just stopped. Is the speedo cable good? There is a gear in the transmission. It is plastic, but I've rarely seen those break.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there is a notch that has to line up. Did you change transmissions and then it quit working or it just stopped. Is the speedo cable good? There is a gear in the transmission. It is plastic, but I've rarely seen those break.
Hey bud yup brand new speedo cable and gear. I didn’t change it I just took out the speedo gear and cable but I can’t seem to find any cog or plastic connector that the speedo gear sits on just gearbox oil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 135794
So I finally got a look in the tranny and it is missing the cog so the box is a straight goner ?‍♂?

·
Registered
954 Posts
the speedometer is driven by a big gear that is on the differential, like the attached picture - the picture is of a different differential but yours would be much the same
DIFFERENTIAL.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts