Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88, 90 crxs
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out what oil pump works on the 3 stage motor because I'd like to replace it, also wondering what else I could/might want to change while the motor is out. Maybe the rear oil seal? Any suggestions, thanks.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
599 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what oil pump works on the 3 stage motor because I'd like to replace it, also wondering what else I could/might want to change while the motor is out. Maybe the rear oil seal? Any suggestions, thanks.

WHAT!!!

GO to Majestichonda AND try the search button at the top.
:uh::uh::uh: theres tons of posts on oil pump, were to get it. whats this 3 stage motor ? stage 3 vtec solenoid?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
D15Z7=JDM D15B 3-stage VTEC....it wouldn't show up on MajesticHonda.

Use any 96-00 Oil pump(P7A I believe).

There's seal kits but yeah, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, timing belt tensioner, timing belt, and water pump are a good idea to change since you have everything apart.

·
Registered
88, 90 crxs
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is interesting... because autodynamics-honda.com says that " This oil pump does NOT fit the D15Z7 and JDM D15B 3-stage SOHC VTEC." when referring to the P7A oil pump. I wrote them an email but have received no reply.

·
Registered
88, 90 crxs
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, Seng @ Autodynamics-honda.com got back to me today and informed me of the unique oil pump being P2J. Good to know the full p/n. I asked him to see if he could get me one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts