Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys ive built h series and b series. but never really got into d series. need something to new to build. ive got a z6 motor and also y8 motor both have spun rod bearings. i was thinking about y8 head on the z6 block. but still unsure. what ever i do im boosting. it will not have a stock bottom end. also building the head. im just tryin to figure out which will be the better choice. im also looking for high numbers on the dyno. thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
z6 has a better flowing head, likes more timing, and has better oiling down below. really the only downside might be there smaller plenum on the IM and the fact that they are just older, usually have more miles.

-Luke

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
z6 has a better flowing head, likes more timing, and has better oiling down below. really the only downside might be there smaller plenum on the IM and the fact that they are just older, usually have more miles.

-Luke
afttermarket FTW! :lol:. i know the edlebrock unit is "big". if you want one, they make them for either head. but looking back at mine, i would not have used one unless i was pushing more then 20* or pressure of of my 57 trim t3/to4e.

z6 intake mani is btter then y8, y8 makes number 3 run leaning.
they all do it, from what i have read. could be wrong, but never searched enough to know for sure. i just slapped the edlebrock IM on. where did you get this info from?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
z6 intake mani is btter then y8, y8 makes number 3 run leaning.
i didn't mention air flow distribution. just that its small plenum ftl on boost.

-Luke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts