Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only reason I am posting this is because I have spent hours looking this up and have found nothing. I have found it for every other mini me but no write up for this particular one. I just need to know exactly how to do this thing. I was going to use the y8 one but do to some problems with it I want to use the z6 head. Is the write up for the z6 the same as the y8. I have the y8 ecu and will that work with the z6 head? What about the dist.? I already have the y8 IM on my y7 so I would need to switch that over but what else do I need to do and what parts do I need to make this work. I am trying to be as meticulous as I can be with this. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. I know this is a topic thats always brought up and I am sorry for that. Thanks again.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
z6 head onto a Y7 block?

kinda same question here.....is it even possible to put a z6 head onto a Y7 block? i already know the head gaskets will be different....meaning the head (of course) and coolant passages, oil pass. etc. will be different.... but how different? will it work?! anyone out there done this before?! woohoo first post.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really dont know so is there anyone out there who could answer this?

·
Banned
752 Posts
Bump for the same question. I've got a y7 block and z6 top end (head, intake & fuel rail). Is there going to be a problem getting this stuff to come together correctly?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wow! this is like the first time I can actually use experience to give advice instead of asking the questions. Luckily I just finished my Y7/Z6 mini-me today. I've only found one website for this exact swap ( http://spdweb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41 ). I also found this very usefull ( http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32971 ). Yes the Y8 ECU (P2P) will run the Z6 head, that's what i'm using in my setup. You will need to pick up a Z6 distributor though. Hhmm, to finish it you'd also need a head gasket, a way of wiring it up and a knock sensor. VTEC won't engage with the P2P ECU unless it senses the knock sensor. You can either buy the new wiring harness or just run your own wires. If you run your own wires,you'll need the plugs for the VTEC oil pressure sensor, VTEC solenoid and Knock sensor. Did you get new injectors with the IM from the Y8? If not the Y7 came with 180cc/min injectors, you'd want to switch those out with the 240cc/min injectors that come on the Z6 or Y8 engines. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just ask.

Patrick
97 Civic LX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts