Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90 civic hb with a d16z6 with aem full cold air intake megan racing header test pipe and cat back so i was woundering how much nos i could use and if i could get my car into the 13s i have it set up for auto x suspesion wise but i also would like to use it as a fun drag car its my dd to but i want some i can spank my buddys b series with for fun so was thinking nos cuz its cheap..... any help would be awsome thanks for all and any help

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
i have a 90 civic hb with a d16z6 with aem full cold air intake megan racing header test pipe and cat back so i was woundering how much nos i could use and if i could get my car into the 13s i have it set up for auto x suspesion wise but i also would like to use it as a fun drag car its my dd to but i want some i can spank my buddys b series with for fun so was thinking nos cuz its cheap..... any help would be awsome thanks for all and any help

for every time you said nos i will leave out an important part of your question

yes you can run it on a stock motor its been proven you can safely run a ______hp shot but i would go with a 35hp shot

and i would go with a ________ kit they are very user friendly and basically idiot proof

just busting your balls but it makes the whole honda scene look bad when someone brags about havin nos.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Nitrous is hella fun and if you start learning a little more about it you will find your limits. Your motor in healthy condition COULD last forever on a 125hp shot... but not likely with someone inexperienced or the motor can't take it... I run big nitrous shots because I can throw another motor in. You have to take into account that if you have a mishap over about 50-60hp shot sometimes less it can be Immediate devistation because of lean spike / detonation...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
for every time you said nos i will leave out an important part of your question

yes you can run it on a stock motor its been proven you can safely run a 50hp shot but i would go with a 35hp shot

and i would go with a zex kit they are very user friendly and basically idiot proof

just busting your balls but it makes the whole honda scene look bad when someone brags about havin nos.
Silly noob nos is a brand haha. cmgreen I'm not sure I answerd the hp shot one right, but I have heard a good amount of good things about the zex kits.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Nitrous is hella fun and if you start learning a little more about it you will find your limits. Your motor in healthy condition COULD last forever on a 125hp shot... but not likely with someone inexperienced or the motor can't take it... I run big nitrous shots because I can throw another motor in. You have to take into account that if you have a mishap over about 50-60hp shot sometimes less it can be Immediate devistation because of lean spike / detonation...
yeah.....

1732325]Silly noob nos is a brand haha. cmgreen I'm not sure I answerd the hp shot one right, but I have heard a good amount of good things about the zex kits.[/QUOTE]

its a 55 shot but nice repped

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
lmao the nitrous n00bs make such amazing threads lol.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
My d15b2 has been on the 2 stage setup with a total of 110-125hp shot. It has 160k on it now. I havnt been below a 75 shot since 134k. But what do I know....

Yes the forever was a little much but if you couldn't sense it was more of a if the world was perfect statement... what was epic tuning stock d16z6 hitting whp wise again?

Our motor are stronger than people give them credit for...

I AGREE, DO NOT EXCEED A 50 OR 60 SHOT UNLESS YOUR ARE AWARE OF YOUR ACTIONS. SAFETY FIRST.

·
Registered
883 Posts
75 for me for a race in October.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I guess I didn't say anything about wear.

IT WILL WEAR OUT YOUR MOTOR EVENTUALLY... HOPEFULLY WHEN IT DOES WANT TO BE REPLACED GET YOUR OTHER MOTOR AND PROCEED TO REMOVE JETS AND SQUEEZE THE HELL OUT OF YOUR OLD MOTOR!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would not suggest adding nos to a dd if you have no prior experience with nos before. And even if you do anything can happen, just keep your car the way it is and just use it to get from point A to point B.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I would not suggest adding nos to a dd if you have no prior experience with nos before. And even if you do anything can happen, just keep your car the way it is and just use it to get from point A to point B.
hum...I like Reverse psychology lol :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts