Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need help with my first ever build turbo. Idle is bobuncing up and down.

here is my setup:

z6 head stock
z6 block
VItara std
Eagle rods
450s
255 fuel pump
3 bar map
t3 turbo
NGK plugs BKR7E gapped .042(basemap)
P28 chipped
Crome(running basemap)

3 bar map wiring were properly installed and vacuum line is connected to the throttle body(beside stock map sensor) vacuum source. You can see in the video when I open a vacuum source, in the video i unplugged the vacuum source from the purge solenoid valve, the idle gets better(rpm goes up) but when plug it back the idles bouncing up and down and i think its running rich thats why my plugs are black. Car is getting street tune this coming weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9LBCeHWS3c

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I would say its just a tuning issue...my car idled like shit when i put all my turbo stuff on before it was tuned...it wasnt built but i doubt that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah u need a tune man.... at least a street tune for now... is the 3bar map calibrated for your motor yet?
i think so cuz when i used my stock map idle was bad. rpm is like around 50-100. when i tried the 3bar map idle was a little better. my 3bar map vacuum line hooked up to the throttle body vacuum source, is that ok?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts