Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, as of 5 minutes ago... i transferred money to mintchoc91 via pay pal for a d16z6! i also purchased some ARP head studs last night for the z6 i planned on purchasing today. (i always think a-head... :lol: )

shipping will be monday, and should be in my driveway no later than the following monday...

im sooo excited to get the car running again! :mikej: and with vtec this time..

anyone have a p28? cause i now am in need of an ecu! wah!!

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Sweet man....... I was so bummed when your last motor blew....... Get this shit up and running. PR 4 ju!!!111

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richie_A_19 said:
Sweet man....... I was so bummed when your last motor blew....... Get this shit up and running. PR 4 ju!!!111
i was more bummed then you trust me!! ha ha :lol:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
To bad you got ecu because I could have sold you mine w/ chrome chip custom to your setup that would need minor adjustments..

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
berettagtz117 said:
To bad you got ecu because I could have sold you mine w/ chrome chip custom to your setup that would need minor adjustments..
well, i had a wtb thread about an ecu... sorry i missed out... now i have to find someone to chip it for my boosted z6... :?

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will a d15b7 non vtec dis. cap work with the z6 distridutor? what about b16 spark plug cables, will they work with the z6??? and what is the best way to torque down arp studs, to what lb? :?

O

·
0 Posts
Torque to stock Honda specs.+3-4lbs only. any more and you risk warping the head. MAKE sure you follow the HELMS manual NOT the others. they otehrs are junk ans most of the specs are WAY incorrect. to the point that they will cause stripping and breaking of parts.

cap, should work.
wires, should be the saem as the D15. why b16? there is no difference in spark wires that I knwo of except how it plugs in. (length of boot end)

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
because i have a set of b16 wires.. figured i could put them to use..

well guys, i have everything i need now for the transplant.. minus the engine lift, which i should be able to get sometime tonight.. i am just about to go to the backyard to start my prepping for swap! new belts, water pump, rad. hoses, p28, headgasket, arp studs and a stage II clutch.. i talked to a honda tech a minute ago, and he told me that i dont need any sensors for the vtec, i just need to "hard-wire it"? is that true, or do i need to make a trip to the junkyard??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts