Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been putting my list together of all of the parts to get my turbo build up and running and this is the list I have put together.

Am I missing anything?

D16Z6
Port and Polished Head
FJ R Spec Custom Length Rods
ARP 2000 3/8" Rod Bolts
ARP Lube
YCP Vitara pistons (75mm)
Wrist pins and C clips
Piston rings (Hastings or NPR)
Timing Belt
Water Pump
ACL Race Rod Bearings
ACL Race Main Bearings
ACL Race washers
Full engine Gasket & Seals set
ARP Head Studs
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Throttle Body (66mm)
Precision 5431 Billet Turbo
Intercooler Kit
Bisimoto Camshaft
Supertech Valves
Supertech Valve Springs

·
Registered
Duramax
29 Posts
Injectors, Ecu , Tuning, Money, Experience, Ect....If you need someone to approve your grocery list, then you should probably get to reading / searching before trying to build.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Injectors, Ecu , Tuning, Money, Experience, Ect....If you need someone to approve your grocery list, then you should probably get to reading / searching before trying to build.
Lulz.

It's called having 2 sets of eyes to read over and make sure it's all there. But thanks for the Injectors/ECU totally forgot about those somehow.

Troll away now :)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Turbo manifold, wastegate, boost controller...son, you've got alot more to add to that list there! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turbo manifold, wastegate, boost controller...son, you've got alot more to add to that list there! LOL
buahahahaha i know!! fml. I saw that last night. I updated it again.

That's why i posted it haha. I always forget easy shit on my list. LMAO.

·
Registered
841 Posts
man gtfo here, who are you to say any thing, stop posting stupid shit in peoples thread, but i guess you like wasting peoples time :bigok:

Spectra: You got your self a nice build so far but you are missing ALOT of things..

Ditch the skunk2 mani and find your self a y8 mani or even port your z6 mani, after market mani's are a waste of time and money, but make sure you prot match the mani to the head, And dont worry about the over sized TB either, you can just port yours out, theres no need for a bigger one at all, read up on it. And i would invest in a cometic head gasket since your going all out lol. theres a ARP head stud/cometic head gasket package deal on xenocron that will save you some pennys.

You could add a new OEM oil pump in the mix to, port that as well, Theres alot of little stuff out there you can do to save you money and time, people judge OEM stuff but some times OEM is better then aftermaket :yes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
man gtfo here, who are you to say any thing, stop posting stupid shit in peoples thread, but i guess you like wasting peoples time :bigok:

Spectra: You got your self a nice build so far but you are missing ALOT of things..

Ditch the skunk2 mani and find your self a y8 mani or even port your z6 mani, after market mani's are a waste of time and money, but make sure you prot match the mani to the head, And dont worry about the over sized TB either, you can just port yours out, theres no need for a bigger one at all, read up on it. And i would invest in a cometic head gasket since your going all out lol. theres a ARP head stud/cometic head gasket package deal on xenocron that will save you some pennys.

You could add a new OEM oil pump in the mix to, port that as well, Theres alot of little stuff out there you can do to save you money and time, people judge OEM stuff but some times OEM is better then aftermaket :yes:
Helpful post FTW lol. Yah I'm was looking at that head gasket. That came in a whole kit that was a deal thats why that's in there.

I thought I had read somewhere the intake mani/tb can be an issue sometimes but if port matching is all it needs that will save me some $$$ in that aspect lol.

And ill take a look at the head stud package.

Saving money is always needed.

Is that precision turbo the best option for the build?
I'm looking to push 400+whp

·
Registered
841 Posts
Helpful post FTW lol. Yah I'm was looking at that head gasket. That came in a whole kit that was a deal thats why that's in there.

I thought I had read somewhere the intake mani/tb can be an issue sometimes but if port matching is all it needs that will save me some $$$ in that aspect lol.

And ill take a look at the head stud package.

Saving money is always needed.

Is that precision turbo the best option for the build?
I'm looking to push 400+whp
Theres plenty of turbos that will get you to that goal, also cheaper alternatives as well instead of precision.

And about the porting, regardless on any manifold you pic your gonna wanna port it becuase your getting the head ported, you want all runners equal, so even if you would stick with the skunk2 mani, your still gonna have to port match it.

Add a 3 bar map sensor to your list to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts