Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ongoing issue I hope someone can help with. Built Vitara Z6. I'm having a timing issue. So I line up the crank with the white single slash and the corresponding marks on the cam gear. So in theory this should be correct. But I'm still only at 11* of timing. Even with the dizzy maxed I still can't get the timing correct. I also used the number 1 cylinder trick and that still didn't work. Any other ideas?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,476 Posts
Which marks on the cam gear are you using? There is only one mark needed for Z6

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,476 Posts
Top pick, which marks are you using?

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic
11 Posts
[QUOTE = "rainman, publicación: 5160245, miembro: 6386"]
[ATTACH = full] 136139 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 136140 [/ ATTACH]
[/ CITAR]

DUDE, DID YOU USE THE METHOD OF FEELING PISTON # 1 IN UPPER DEAD POINT AND THAT PULLEY MARK SAME?

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic
11 Posts
hi brothers.
i see this link 2 mont ago, but i see isn´t comlplete the answer.

I want to contribute how i do. whith permisse of the moderator.

First I want to say that I am not a professional mechanic, everything I have learned has been reading and hitting with the hammer in my hand, well.

i have y7 block and z6 head without the inferior guide mark.

i use the pms piston method, i never see the plastic because i don´t have this, then, i uses the next tooth of the mark of the pulley, and i put more aproximated whith imaginary line of the border of the head.

like this image.

correction the image: "i don´t have this guide on my head". ok, so.
you can see that the marks on the pulley and the border head never are parallel:

you need see the tensión of the timing belt when you presentate the belt in the pulley

see that the tooths be more aproximated to engauge

when the timing belt is installed, you apliy tension of the adjust for inspectionar correct time scinchronization,

turn one complete clycle to see don´t have contacts point between the valve and pistons, verify that points is correct whith imaginary line of the next tooth..

notes.
when the head is
lowered, the marks no coninciding exactly.

my head has two rectifications.

I hope the contribution is useful to us, friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts