Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up my Z6 swap in my 93 dx coupe and am having a few starting problems...

first off.. it does not even click when the key is turned... BUT... I jumped the starter with jumper cables of course directly off the battery and it turns over fine... but still wont start (which may be that I have the firing order wrong on the dist.)
I also tested the power wire to the starter with a multimeter and it's reading 12.38 dc volts so it's getting power...
but this is leading me to think I may possibly have a ground off somewhere or possibly blew an ignition relay or fuse! :-|

please give any input you have and tell me what you think as it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
-Wes

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you would think that the battery fuse blown would mean that nothing electrical would come one and I have lights, power, etc...

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
I had the same problem when i swapped in my Z6, check the ground to the tranny. I even added one directly to my starter. Im guessing thats your prob.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I'm pretty sure I have all my grounds but could someone post a wiring diagram that includes all the grounds as I may have missed something...

·
Registered
2011 pilot
393 Posts
it should start just fine if your d15 was runnning.....make sure you dont got your p28 in there(figering you have one) at first...start it with your p06.....

check all fuses

then check if it got spark going to the plugs....make sure the firing order in the plug wires is right.....'

then check if it got fuel in the tank first(that is a big problem with people now a days)....ok so its got gas...losen the 17mm bolt to the fuel rail to see if gas is getting to the injectors....

check all grounds like mentiond above.....

that should keep you busy for a bit

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
inspector01 said:
I had the same problem when i swapped in my Z6, check the ground to the tranny. I even added one directly to my starter. Im guessing thats your prob.
had to do the same

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
If the starter will turn over when it is jumped, but not when you turn it with the key, i would think it is the ground, there is one going from your tranny to your chassis. I added one from the starter bolt straight to the chassis and that worked for mine. Take a screwdriver (hold the plastic handle) and touch it to the power wire on the starter to the ignition point. If that doesn't turn over, then you have a power problem there. If it does, then it is probly an ignition problem.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so more than likely tranny ground or battery fuse... I was also thinkin maybe ignition relay could play a big part..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would say that would be a ground. Same thing happened when i replaced a tranny in my 4door. Check the ground to the Tranny on your passenger side.

Could possibly be ignition related. Did you mess with ignition during swap? and was it workin fine before?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it runs... although I had to rig my starter with a hidden switch but it's ok for now!

I'll be throwing my axles in today and maybe have the first drive with the z6 if I can find a solution to whatever the fuck is up with my ragged clutch...

·
Registered
21 Posts
sorry to bring it back from the dead but Im experiencing the same problems, I have a 92 cx hatch ,mt, the car previously had a ulev vtec motor from an accord in it,

swapped it for a d16z6 with tranny and p28 ecu, today I finished putting everything together in order for it to be cranked, it has a new battery and new battery wires.

At first my clutch was sinking to the floor and my car would not crank at all, I bled the clutch lines and now it has good resistance. I go to crank the car and only the starter clicks and the fuel pump kicks in as well.

I have a ground from the starter to the wall by the passeger side shock tower, tranny to the same ground as my starter wire [both these wires are good size], one wire from my valve cover and one wire from the block going to one of the same small hole by the hood latch [these wires are the same size as in the wiring harness around the engine].

any help on where to check next?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts