1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go
96 civic Ek sedan s40 b1000
Had blown y7/y8 mini me
Equal length t3 manifold,true hks ssqv bov, true 38mm tial wastegate at 4psi,evo 560 injectors w/resistor box, no name turbo ugh, obd2a to obd1 jumper, integra ecu chipped and vtec installed auto to manual 3 bar map, FITV delete with real block off plate.
Swapped in a d16z6 used y8 im with hondata Im gasket, used new z6 dizzy,cap,rotor,wires, step colder ngk plugs, with jumper harness. Fuel pump primes engine starts but has real bad idle thru whole rpm range. Have checked TPS and MAP voltage it's dead on. Iacv has two barbs open but engine dies right away when unplug it. Sorry for run on sentence

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,047 Posts
those barbs are coolant lines, they allow coolant to open and close a plunger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today unhooked iacv and plug intake with fingers no change. Then covered TB with hand while surging sucked like a vacuum died right away then still had suction till pulled hand away so rule out IM gasket. For shits and gits tried a Virgin p28 ecu from same car that the z6 came out of nothing, no start or even pop WTF

·
4,047 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again slow, cracked the bleeder while surging straight coolant, going to pull out the ECT sensor and take some readings have another on the shelf here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol you got what I was thinking. Same tune ran y7/y8 turbo setup but seeing that z6 is 16 and y8 is 12. Went through whole harness when engine was traced back to ecu with a pinout

·
4,047 Posts
thanks for posting the answer here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Little update car started to run horrible. Car is tuned on CROME bought a burn 2. Little searching and found out ecu was running 10 degrees for y8 changed to 16.50 degrees for timing. cleaned up map more and wow whole new car. Stupid question would stock z6 with oem hg and arp studs with 200 psi per cylinder handle 1bar of boost???

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Little update car started to run horrible. Car is tuned on CROME bought a burn 2. Little searching and found out ecu was running 10 degrees for y8 changed to 16.50 degrees for timing. cleaned up map more and wow whole new car. Stupid question would stock z6 with oem hg and arp studs with 200 psi per cylinder handle 1bar of boost???
Yes, very stupid question.

search how much psi can she run. and your find your answer.

And on the swap, you should of known it needed to be return you change to a different motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, very stupid question.

search how much psi can she run. and your find your answer.

And on the swap, you should of known it needed to be return you change to a different motor.

When I first did the swap I was guessing on the tune since then bought burn 2 and got crome grabbed tune off ecu and changed to z6 ignition in vacuum . I've got three tial wastegate springs a 4psi a 10 psi and 14.7psi so I am thinking of staying with the 10psi since Google search says 8-10 but no turbocharger sizes. Thanks for info I'm a NOOB in training

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
PSI is irrelevant. TQ is what will break an engine. Like said above, of you search you'll find the answer.

You need to find the common breaking point for that motor and the compressor map for your snail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know psi is irrelevant all depends on the turbo flow but see ppl say 8-10. I'll start at 10 psi and watch wideband and listen for knock. I'm also running a cooling mist meth kit 50/50 to help out with cooling and raise octane

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I know psi is irrelevant all depends on the turbo flow but see ppl say 8-10. I'll start at 10 psi and watch wideband and listen for knock. I'm also running a cooling mist meth kit 50/50 to help out with cooling and raise octane
You really still dont understand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts