Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much power is TOO much power before i need to worry about sleeving the block? im getting ready to start my build, and id hate to get it done and have it go out on me. will just the block guard hold off long enough, or should i spend the cash and sleeve it?

darren

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
yea i've heard the same deal. h-beams with vitaras running around the 450 mark. obviously you are going to need the proper fuel and stuff but like 99EJ6T said ... its all in the tune

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want it to be progressive, im not gunna go for 500hp overnight. my first basic build will be on the stock motor, tuned properly of coarse (im using hondata). while i cruise that around for awhile im going to build a motor out of the car. the build up i was going to do out of the car was: (i already have an extra z6 in the garage) stock bore, SRP pistons, JE rings, Eagle rods, block gaurd, crower springs and retainers (was going to try and get a JDM D15 head) ARP headstud kit... and was going to have everything micropolished before i did the build.
recommendations, suggestions?

thus far parts i have are, Master Power .50 turbo, FMIC, Tial 38mm wg, Turbo XS BOV, hondata... i know i have alot more pieces to piece together, but its a start for only having the car for less then a month. Might end up running the autoworks mani/downpipe... a buddy of mine has a nice ramhorn he was gunna hook me up with, but i dont think its AC compatible.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Well my stock sleeves held up for 60k miles under boost at 17psi daily if that gives you an idea (340whp at 22psi). All these guys making big numbers I highly doubt they put as many miles on a car than I do. So, can stock sleeves be reliable? I sure think so!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a golden eagle sleeved z6 in my garage with a crank and main girdle gor it.. ill let it go for 800 shipped
ill keep you in mind for sure in the future. not really looking to put money into a block as of yet. id like to finish getting all my turbo components first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts