Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a d16z6 at the moment but i was just curious if it would be a good idea to rebuild it,buy another z6 in better condition, or buy a jdm zc or something. i have done multiple compression checks and i must not know what im doing cuz i get different readings every time. my car seems to be acting up a lot lately and thats y im looking for a swap. any advise would be helpful. or what did u do? thanx

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats so good about the d15b
same as z6 but 1.5 liter pretty much and can i keep my tranny. i mean i want to boost eventually but i dont know if i should try it on my engine with 162xxx miles on it.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
for boost go with either rebuilding the z6 or jdm zc vtec. more options than the d15. d15 also has a little less torque. if the motor you have is still good enough to rebuild, thats what id do to save a little cash.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
the zc vtec is the jdm equivalent to the z6. as i just bought one, i learned it also has two block stamps zc and d16a. call hmotors- bit spendy but well trusted and dependable. zc vtec is $599 before shipping. the only thing about jdm engines is you really dont know the mileage. they claim low miles but the engine i got has belts wore out more than the belts on my 100k mile d16y7 lol. could just be age though too. all it comes down to is how cheap you can find parts for the rebuild. you might get lucky and get stuff really cheap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also have a z6 with a lot of miles about 301k. i wanna run this throughout my boost later but am afraid that 300k is too much. if i rebuild would it be bettter? or what would you recommend.
again ima boost later and aiming for the 250s - 300s whp and 280s wtq.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally pulled my motor apart. I pulled the pan with the BIG hole in it from the rod. I busted the main cap, the rod cap went from a 1/2 moon shape to almost straight!! LOL. Anyway, my block looks fine. I just need a crank, and main cap. Im going to throw in the D15B JDM temporarily till I can save up for my z6 build.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so ur saying a z6 rebuild could be cheaper if i can get the parts cheaper? would u recomend building it up with vitaras and tt rods or just get new rods and stock pistons or something? if i were to rebuild it would make sense to just build it up. but the money is a killer. im only 18 about to start college and i need my money.

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Shit you could rebuild your motor with only 162,xxx on it i never saw that part lol.Do a rebuild and upgrade everything you can now so you dont have to do it later.....Even if your low on money a new motor wont help you there.You will be better off rebuilding the motor,Just search around for the parts at cheap and you'll be fine bro........

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can anyone estimate how much it will cost to get my machine work done? also should i go all stock again or put eagles and some vitaras in it. cuz vitaras are hella cheap and that would be nice later even know i dont want to run that much boost yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
well ima be looking forward to purchasing a new motor soon hopefully because i wanna begin my tranny auto to manual tranny swap. damn haha all this im about to do is the same amount i used to buy this car.
bleh maybe ill just focus on getting a new car. but so much looking around on this car going to waste. bleh. ima go and do some thinking.
:alky:

·
Registered
46 Posts
so i did a bit research on my engines past. and it was rebuild a while back. now for my boost even if the engine was rebuild can it handle the FI? maybe adding vitaras. may i use my current engine?
btw thanks for help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yea for sure. ima hopefully get some vitaras soon, and have it bored, Tune it. then ima tranny swap. and work on that for a bit. when im happy on the way it runs ima boost it.
just hope i dont f*** up. haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts