Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search but just found rates of pumps and that the y8 is bigger.
so will the smaller z6 pump fit on a y8? modification need?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
i did a search but just found rates of pumps and that the y8 is bigger.
so will the smaller z6 pump fit on a y8? modification need?
lol where did you read that the y8 is bigger??? yes it will fit but there are mods needed to be done for you to have a dip stick and have to plug a hole so you dont leak oil everywhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol where did you read that the y8 is bigger??? yes it will fit but there are mods needed to be done for you to have a dip stick and have to plug a hole so you dont leak oil everywhere
i read that on some thread here. are the mods hard to do? im leaking oil everywhere already :(

·
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
either you miss read or the info is wrong... IMO i wouldnt do the mods i would just buy the correct oil pump for the motor being used. the reason you would leak oil is bc the z6 uses a different dipstick location than the y series motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
either you miss read or the info is wrong... IMO i wouldnt do the mods i would just buy the correct oil pump for the motor being used. the reason you would leak oil is bc the z6 uses a different dipstick location than the y series motor.
the reason i wanted a better oil pump is for boost. the y8 output isnt very good and some say getting it shimmed will do nothing. what oil pumps do the guys with boosted y8 use?

·
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
the reason i wanted a better oil pump is for boost. the y8 output isnt very good and some say getting it shimmed will do nothing. what oil pumps do the guys with boosted y8 use?
the ones saying it does nothing are either ones that have not tried it or have tried and done it wrong.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
z6 oil pump will fit on a y8, but you need to change the oilpan for a 88-95
and you need to drill a hole to make for the oil dip stick (or you forget about having one)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts