Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told that a z6 is a non interference engine.. so if timing belt breaks.. it wont bend valves ??

so technically i could advance or retard the crap out of the cam and nothing would break ??

·
Registered
315 Posts
I can tell you it most definetly is! I bought a z6 last year for my mini-me thinking that and it turned out that it had bent two inlet and one exhaust valve, 3 valves costs me around £22gbp.

Hope that helps

Chris ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the quick response..

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
that is untrue because it all depends on how fast you are turning the engine when the belt breaks whether it bends valves or what not. but as for the other question without other mods its not really a good option.

·
Registered
510 Posts
that is untrue because it all depends on how fast you are turning the engine when the belt breaks whether it bends valves or what not. but as for the other question without other mods its not really a good option.
I probably wouldn't want to roll the dice on that one, things get bent/broken very easily when your belt stops doing its job. The starter motor has enough power to do it easily.

·
Registered
52 Posts
:bull:

you can bend valves if the belt breaks while idling. if that bitch snaps and the valves are open far enough, the piston WILL damage them if they make contact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts