Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the z6 in my del sol is on its last days and i decided to rebuild the engine. First off my goal is to have a reliable DD with that little extra power whenever i decide to have some fun. maybe add a little more torque. this car will never see the track or be raced. most of the threads i've seen are for highly modified builds that dont give me any answers to what i want to achieve with my build so i decided to post and get some feedback if im going about it the right way. what i was thinking of doing was getting the head rebuilt (3 angle valve job, new seals, re-grind valves, hot tanked) then im thinking of getting a mild cam zex 59100?59300? bisimoto level 1? as far as the block im probably going to get a rebuild kit online... if anyone has any suggestions on what else i can do or what i can do differently to achieve my goal i'd appreciate it...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
sounds like a good plan to me
check/deck/clean the head, add some compression, back cut the valves and get a valve job...that will wake up the head a good bit

a stage 1 bisimoto cam provides next to nothing for power gains...
either stay stock for the $ or go to a level 2 bisimoto cam.
or turn to delta for a 272 regrind on your stock cam core for cheap

look into a second set of z6 intake springs and run both sets in the same head if you want to raise the redline and rev some more. chip and tune your ecu.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts